Get the Hardcore Achievement in less than 2 hours

#61CasylePosted 11/24/2010 8:13:09 PM
Nice guide, I may have to check back when I go for that achievement. After plaything through this entire game to get all of the different endings I have no desire to re-play the entire thing on hardcore, I intend to get that achievement quickly. I don't enjoy having to worry about drinking, eating, and sleeping. Next thing you know we'll have a bowel meter and have to make sure we empty our character's bowels before the meter fills. Ugh, if you enjoy playing with that stuff good for you, have fun!
---
Gamertag - Casyle
#62CasylePosted 11/24/2010 8:23:56 PM
Almost forgot! In addition to the new bowel meter you'll have to watch your weight! Eat too many fatty brahmin steaks without exercising, and not enough fruits and vegies, and you'll get fat! Get too fat and the heart-attack meter rises until your tubby character keels over dead! Game over! Start again! Can't wait for super hardcore mode! Joy.
---
Gamertag - Casyle
#63TheC0ndemnedOnePosted 11/24/2010 8:42:19 PM
I did almost exactly the same for my Hardcore speed run.
However, I set my Luck to 10 and gambled my heart out until I had 90,000 caps.

Also, I got to New Vegas by activating a Stealth Boy and running through that Deathclaw-infested road up near Sloan.
#64swordzman157Posted 11/24/2010 8:52:35 PM
if someone could make a video walkthrough for this with the key steps as shown above it would be EVEN BETTER!
---
Adhesive tape, so many uses you wont know what hit you...
GT: A_Legends_End/teamkillaaa/girlshavethtsht
#65ThermalStone(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2010 9:55:24 PM
Video is well above my technical skills.

I did the gambling thing too on my first attempt at a speed run to buy implants, but then I realized: "If running past everything worked to get me to Vegas, why don't I just run past the final battle and solve it with a speech check?" Still, making a character with 9 or 10 luck, then following the first part of the guide to get to Freeside would be a very fast way to get the "Courier who broke the bank" achievement.

Also, if they made a bowel movement meter, I would actually be more inclined to play hardcore.
#66OrgeLambartPosted 11/24/2010 10:15:23 PM
Hardcore seems like a good idea at first but after 8 hours has gotten very annoying.

Adding weight to ammo doesn't seem very hardcore like.

Making you have to eat and sleep and drink just makes the game seem like a job not a game.
#67JrTapia1991Posted 11/24/2010 10:42:05 PM
congrats TC,I'm going to request a sticky to this,and yeah why are the people whining about this?I spend like 40 hours beating the game to get the achievement but not everybody has that kind of time.

Who really gives a f*** how other people play their games?It's a free country where I live lol
---
"Human history is a litany of blood, shed over ideals of rulership and afterlife."-Legion
#68protoplayer_36Posted 11/24/2010 11:18:23 PM
Seriously dont come here and bash the guy, if you dont want to use this then what does it matter

nice sticky tc
---
Xbox Live GT: protoplayer36
#69SherlockHomeyPosted 11/25/2010 1:53:01 AM
Great walkthrough. Wish I saw this before I already tackled hardcore.

I liked Hardcore initially.....then 80 hours later, I said screw it and beat the game as quick as possible. Deleted the hardcore save, and started from an earlier point and switched it off. Then I enjoyed the game.

It isn't even hard at all (more like LOLEASY), it is just very annoying.
---
Cam'ron gets the 'puters 'putin'
GT: Sherlock Homey/ PSN: SherlockHomey
#70JrTapia1991Posted 11/25/2010 1:58:07 AM
hell yea I play the game to have fun,not to worry about oh noez my sleep is down so now I can't carry as much stuff -___-
---
"Human history is a litany of blood, shed over ideals of rulership and afterlife."-Legion