The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Best traits in the begining

#1GREEDHNICPosted 11/24/2010 2:55:49 PM
What are the best traits to start off with and what are the best in the game in general. I know this varies by play style but I mean what perks and traits are most versatile I guess.
#2roto_psychoIIPosted 11/24/2010 3:28:17 PM
It depends on play-style and mode. For example, alot of people will vouch for Small Frame, myself included. However, on hardcore broken limbs are more of an issue, and possibly more so if you go with melee or something like that. Built to Destroy is another alot of people like, as the advantage of 3 extra crit tends to outweigh the extra weapon degradation. This is especially true if you are good about making weapon repair kits or take the Jury Rigging Perk. All others seem to be more or less situational, if you got a question about a specific one your looking at lemme know, I'm sure myself or others on the board can give you a helpful impression.
#3roto_psychoIIPosted 11/24/2010 3:30:58 PM
Forgot to mention Four Eyes, as it deserves a special mention. It counts as having one LESS perception than you put into it when creating your character for the purposes of perk requirements. Unfortunately, perception, while not entirely useful on its own, is required for some pretty good perks. so alot of people would advise you to stay away from that one.
#4XgArrancarPosted 11/24/2010 3:46:19 PM
Bulit to destroy if you're into criticals, heavy-handed if not. Small frame if not playing hardcore, and kamikaze if you're into VATS. Wild wasteland as well for some comedic special encounters.
---
Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?
#5Rude_BoyPosted 11/24/2010 3:48:47 PM
I'd say the very best abilities are Built to Destroy for the extra Crit chance, and Good Natured. Good natured may seem odd, but since you can't really focus on more than one combat skill you really only lose 5 points while gaining a lot in other vital skills.
---
I just shoot them in the face repeatedly. If I have a Winchester, and they have a face, I'll win.
#6David_741Posted 11/24/2010 4:01:23 PM
Fast Shot is always the best trait no questions asked.

It is better than Kamikazee in VATs too since FS gives 20% reduction for AP usage which is nicer than 10 extra APs.

Small Frame doees nothing but gives you one measly point of agility which easily get be gotten by subtracting from intelligence.

Built to Destory is the other best trait.
#7XgArrancarPosted 11/24/2010 4:04:40 PM
The only drawback is the reduced accuracy, sure if you never use VATS, fast shot is the best trait you could pick. But for a critical expert, the increased DR and critical chance should not be ignored, also there are perks to using vats such as a very awesome one including the multiplas rifle, one roll to crit and 3x the critical damage boost.
---
#8David_741Posted 11/24/2010 4:11:30 PM
Fast Shot is a better VATs trait than Kamikazee because of the increased efficently of action points. The accuracy loss is not noticeably with high gun skill. Fast Shot only increases spread anyways IIRC.

I always use Fast Shot and Built to Destory.
#9XgArrancarPosted 11/24/2010 4:19:30 PM
Doesn't it cap your accuracy at 76%? Or do you just consider that to not be noticeable?
---
#10David_741Posted 11/24/2010 4:25:31 PM
Nope. I still can get 95% accuracy. Maybe it is just on the 360. Hmmm

It made however be a bug of the Commando perk, which did something similar in FO3.