homicidal character

#1Micskill01Posted 12/11/2010 7:44:23 PM
I'm partially through the game now (level 10 I think?) But I'm thinking about what my next character will be and I think a fun way to play through it would be a melee character that kills anything and everything in sight. I should have enough free perks and points to also get explosives to a high level for those extra tough fights. I'll also "allow" myself to deal with vendors before slaying them.

Some difficulties off the top of my head:

Keeping top tier weapons repaired
not getting EXP from most quests

Does this seem even possible? I don't have enough experience with the game to know for sure
#2Micskill01(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2010 7:44:56 PM
Oh yeah it will obviously be Very Hard / Hardcore
#3Micskill01(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2010 7:57:05 PM
More specifically, I want to kill every killable NPC in the game. My intention at the moment is to kill everyone I come across, but I may have to settle for eventually killing them later.
#4jjgIIIPosted 12/11/2010 8:02:39 PM
When you say "partially" through the game, what do you mean?
---
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix
#5Micskill01(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2010 8:19:15 PM
my current (non-homicidal) character just did the quest with realligning the solar panals, haven't made it to New Vegas or anything. I haven't started the one outlined above yet, but am certainly taking suggestions on builds - or any other advice for that matter.
#6HolyGigoPosted 12/11/2010 9:17:32 PM
If using Melee, you shouldn't have much trouble keeping weapons repaired... pretty much anything you pick up can be used to kill somebody, especially sledgehammers and combat knives, both of which are pretty common... also, the new patch is making weapon repair kits VERY cheap to make, so I wouldn't worry at all about weapon repairs... it's like 1 of each item and 2 scrap metal.

Aside from that, fun perks are Bloody Mess and Super Slam to really give people a beatdown... and Stonewall I always tell people to get because of how strong enemy melee attacks can be. Also, you may want some Toughness... oh, and don't forget to look at perks like Piercing Strike... it makes melee incredible strong, but you need Unarmed skill to learn it >.> Oh and don't kill the people in the Med Clinic until AFTER you get all the implants, obviously... lol. Once they are no longer useful, feel free to go to town on them.

EXP - If you kill everything you see, you won't be able to get quest exp, but all that means is that you'll have to hunt a lot of creatures... I think it would work, but you'll probably level very slowly. Since you aren't going to be questing or talking much, max out your weapon skill before doing anything else. Even low level chars are demigods with 100 weapon skill.

About the VH/Hardcore thing... maxing Survival is probably a necessity... maybe your tags would be Melee, Survival, and Medicine? Oh and because of the difficulty, you are probably going to NEED toughness... maybe 2 ranks... no matter how good you are at killing, a few hits from the right enemy will put you down fast... especially if you start a fight in the middle of a huge town!

One last tip - if you don't pick Super Slam, the Super Sledge's lvl 50 VATS attack knocks down enemies every time. The same may be true for other weapons, I dunno... Oh, and lean Ranger Andy's Takedown!!! Knocking down enemies will save your butt.

Have fun and good luck!
---
"I'll let my guns do the preaching."
#7DoctorScrapsPosted 12/11/2010 9:18:37 PM
I give you to level 10 before you drop the whole dumb idea.
---
I use sarcasm a lot. If you are offended, feel free to flame me and I'll just pretend to listen.
#8deadpool223Posted 12/11/2010 11:19:45 PM
if you think that would be fun feel free, it personaly dosent sound very fun
---
the NCR doesn't win because their way is better. Rather, it is because you sided with them.--smokingspider
#9Micskill01(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2010 3:15:09 AM
"Aside from that, fun perks are Bloody Mess and Super Slam to really give people a beatdown... and Stonewall I always tell people to get because of how strong enemy melee attacks can be. Also, you may want some Toughness... oh, and don't forget to look at perks like Piercing Strike... it makes melee incredible strong, but you need Unarmed skill to learn it >.> Oh and don't kill the people in the Med Clinic until AFTER you get all the implants, obviously... lol. Once they are no longer useful, feel free to go to town on them."

Hmm good points, I may have to delay getting implants until I have the caps implants I feel like I need.

EXP - If you kill everything you see, you won't be able to get quest exp, but all that means is that you'll have to hunt a lot of creatures... I think it would work, but you'll probably level very slowly. Since you aren't going to be questing or talking much, max out your weapon skill before doing anything else. Even low level chars are demigods with 100 weapon skill.

Good idea, just pump melee. I did kill Ringo before talking to the Poweder Gaynger dude which netted me 100 exp, but I doubt I can do that too many times with future quests.

"About the VH/Hardcore thing... maxing Survival is probably a necessity... maybe your tags would be Melee, Survival, and Medicine? Oh and because of the difficulty, you are probably going to NEED toughness... maybe 2 ranks... no matter how good you are at killing, a few hits from the right enemy will put you down fast... especially if you start a fight in the middle of a huge town!"

I tagged explosives, melee and lock picking. I suspect I might have to farm outside animals for EXP since they respawn (I think?). Then eat them. H20 and health can be replenished at Goodsprings. Perhaps the above poster is right, I may get bored and simply focus on the 'legit' way to play the game, but I think this is a fun challenge. Haven't killed Mr. Cobbs crew yet (didn't have time) but I think the biggest challenge will be the robot that saved you which has some relation to Mr. House.
#10MattheauPosted 12/12/2010 5:39:17 AM
Seems more tedious than any actual type of challenge. Almost every NPC you wouldn't normally fight under any normal circumstance is a push over.