Why is it saying I have too many followers when I have none?

#1Gameslayer3Posted 12/14/2010 5:19:23 PM
When I try to recruit one of my followers from The Lucky 38 they say I have too many people already even though I have the rest in the lucky 38 also.

The only two I can recruit is Rex (Did his quest) and Ed-E (Have not done his quest) and I can only have one of them when before I could have ED-E and Boone/Cannon/Cass. What gives?
---
GT-CabooseIZx116 (the I in IZ is an i)
#2Iceaxe0140Posted 12/14/2010 5:33:14 PM
My guess is you still have a companion with you. Talk to the last companion you had and dismiss them. If that's not it, then I don't know. You're on your own on that one.
#3solus909Posted 12/14/2010 5:42:21 PM
I might be misinterpreting your issue but remember that the only way you can have 2 companions at the same time is if one is humanoid and the other non-humanoid. Rex and Ed-E are the only two non-humanoids.

If it's a case of a "lost" companion, one confirmed fix is to use the elevator at vault 22 and your companions will be waiting for you when you exit. You need a repair skill of 50 to fix the elevator first though.

Hope one of these ideas helps.
#4Gameslayer3(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2010 5:42:31 PM
I know for a fact I don't have another one. Maybe I have to finish ED-E's quest first, there has to be a reason why I can still recruit ED-E and not anyone else.
---
#5Gameslayer3(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2010 5:45:40 PM
You know what Solus, I didn't see Veronica in Lucky 38... maybe I never dismissed her and she is lost. Thanks, I guess I will try to find her in the Lucky 38 and then go to Vault 22 if that fails.
---
#6jackthespazPosted 12/18/2010 8:26:50 PM
by "dismiss" do you mean telling them to "wait here" or by telling them you should part ways?

I'm trying to recruit cass and I have boone and ED-E "waiting " back at the motel in Novac. I just completed Boone's quest, so should I just part ways with him? If I do, can I get him back at some other point in time?

---
Life is a first-person adventure.
Procrastinating since tomorrow.
#7ObsidianSniper1Posted 12/23/2010 5:59:18 PM
^ You have to part ways with him, he'll go back to novac and you can get him at any time. I'm having the same problem as the OP, as I know I don't have any followers with me and for some reason Arcade wont come with me but I can get anyone else to follow me. It has nothing to do with my karma or anything as I did nothing different except take over the Lucky 38. I'm still ranked as a lvl 33 messiah and have done nothing negative to anyone but the legion lol. For some reason I just can't get him to follow, he makes some remark about having a menagerie of followers with me and I get the "you can only have 1 follower at a time message". ITS IRRITATING