Why is it saying I have too many followers when I have none?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout: New Vegas
  3. Why is it saying I have too many followers when I have none?

User Info: Gameslayer3

Gameslayer3
6 years ago#1
When I try to recruit one of my followers from The Lucky 38 they say I have too many people already even though I have the rest in the lucky 38 also.

The only two I can recruit is Rex (Did his quest) and Ed-E (Have not done his quest) and I can only have one of them when before I could have ED-E and Boone/Cannon/Cass. What gives?
GT-CabooseIZx116 (the I in IZ is an i)

User Info: Iceaxe0140

Iceaxe0140
6 years ago#2
My guess is you still have a companion with you. Talk to the last companion you had and dismiss them. If that's not it, then I don't know. You're on your own on that one.

User Info: solus909

solus909
6 years ago#3
I might be misinterpreting your issue but remember that the only way you can have 2 companions at the same time is if one is humanoid and the other non-humanoid. Rex and Ed-E are the only two non-humanoids.

If it's a case of a "lost" companion, one confirmed fix is to use the elevator at vault 22 and your companions will be waiting for you when you exit. You need a repair skill of 50 to fix the elevator first though.

Hope one of these ideas helps.

Gameslayer3
6 years ago#4
I know for a fact I don't have another one. Maybe I have to finish ED-E's quest first, there has to be a reason why I can still recruit ED-E and not anyone else.

Gameslayer3
6 years ago#5
You know what Solus, I didn't see Veronica in Lucky 38... maybe I never dismissed her and she is lost. Thanks, I guess I will try to find her in the Lucky 38 and then go to Vault 22 if that fails.

User Info: jackthespaz

jackthespaz
6 years ago#6
by "dismiss" do you mean telling them to "wait here" or by telling them you should part ways?

I'm trying to recruit cass and I have boone and ED-E "waiting " back at the motel in Novac. I just completed Boone's quest, so should I just part ways with him? If I do, can I get him back at some other point in time?
Life is a first-person adventure.
Procrastinating since tomorrow.

User Info: ObsidianSniper1

ObsidianSniper1
6 years ago#7
^ You have to part ways with him, he'll go back to novac and you can get him at any time. I'm having the same problem as the OP, as I know I don't have any followers with me and for some reason Arcade wont come with me but I can get anyone else to follow me. It has nothing to do with my karma or anything as I did nothing different except take over the Lucky 38. I'm still ranked as a lvl 33 messiah and have done nothing negative to anyone but the legion lol. For some reason I just can't get him to follow, he makes some remark about having a menagerie of followers with me and I get the "you can only have 1 follower at a time message". ITS IRRITATING
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout: New Vegas
  3. Why is it saying I have too many followers when I have none?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived