The YCS/186

#1quadrupleswordPosted 2/2/2011 6:19:24 AM
Do sneak attack criticals with the YCS/186 do more damage if you're not using VATS? I was using my YCS/186 with max charge cells against the legendary deathclaw and sneak attacks in VATS only took off two blocks of his health. Sneak attacks in real time, however, took off more than half of his health.
---
"Scissors are overpowered, but rock is okay." - paper
#2DalethionPosted 2/2/2011 7:01:48 AM
Last time I checked VATS would limit the damage done with this Gauss Rifle and any other unique versions of it.
This was also a problem in Fallout 3 I think and is connected to that small explosion done when the projectile impacts the target.
#3Tdawg906Posted 2/5/2011 7:07:57 PM
Mine dissapeard. Any explanations? Any ways ot get it back?
#4Dreadsword101Posted 2/5/2011 7:23:05 PM
Ah, there is a bug that causes ANY Gauss Rifle to do less damage when used in V.A.T.S. It also might miscalculate its actual damage when used in V.A.T.S. The Gauss Rifle in Fallout New Vegas is pretty much a copy-pasta from Fallout 3 either due to laziness or the fact that the game was rather rushed. Meaning it suffers from the exact same bugs the weapon had in Fallout 3.

My advice would be to avoid using the Gauss Rifle (or the YCS/186) in V.A.T.S.
---
"HAHA! I killed Dreadsword!" MAG- Said by a random Raven LMG sprayer.
#5combat_wombat6Posted 2/5/2011 8:08:52 PM
I remember in Fallout 3 my gauss rifle never did ANY damage in vats. It just knocked people over.
---
XBL GT: Combatwombat6
#6PathlessBulletPosted 2/5/2011 8:34:38 PM
The one in FO3 has a misaligned scope which was fixed in FO:NV.
---
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."