Dead Money: Should I start it at level 8, or later?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout: New Vegas
  3. Dead Money: Should I start it at level 8, or later?

User Info: J1mi

J1mi
6 years ago#1
I have done some side quests, and main quest is at the point of directing me to Novac. I have some okay skills: 50 in Guns, ~45 in science, 55 in lockpick, 55 in Repair, 35 or 40 in speech and some other ones. For perks, the list is short; Comprehension, educated, intense training, and commando. Traits are small frame, and built to destroy.

ST: 3
PE: 5
EN: 8
CH: 1
IN: 9
AG: 7 (Intense training went here. Should've gone to ST...)
LK: 9

Thinking of using shotguns a lot, and some pistols. Not sure about rifles.
Energy weapons, melee, unarmed and explosives have been neglected so far.

Cannot decide myself. First playthrough, Normal-Hard. 300h+ FO3. More in FO2 :P
Consider me skilled.
Akimbo G18s are fast, sloppy and they use up their payload quickly, sounds about right >__>
- AngryNoiseDude comparing Akimbo G18's to sex.

User Info: HolyGigo

HolyGigo
6 years ago#2
Looking at your post, I'm not sure that those particular abilities would be useful in Dead Money... I won't spoil anything unless you ask, but I would suggest leveling a bit more if that's the build you want to take. However, some folks love a challenge, and that would probably be challenging indeed.
"I'll let my guns do the preaching."

User Info: ArchangelJames

ArchangelJames
6 years ago#3
It would be suicide. Wait until you're level 20, at least.
Please become a fan of my cat.
www.facebook.com/MalikTheCat

User Info: pillerofautumn

pillerofautumn
6 years ago#4
To at least enjoy it, and not struggle through it to the point it's tedious, just level up more.

I think that's why most people didn't enjoy it as much. They go there at a low level and get owned over and over.

User Info: jakeis1337

jakeis1337
6 years ago#5
If you know what you're doing, you can get away with level 12 or so. Higher levels are suggested simply because lack of ammo (at the start), deadly traps and terminals/locks/speech checks requiring high skills. And a decent amount of health, but I won't spoil it by going into why.

User Info: J1mi

J1mi
6 years ago#6
Thanks for the input, guys.

Just picked up Boone, and heading to the rocket site.

Could I have a small list of useful skills and their suggested proficiency?
Akimbo G18s are fast, sloppy and they use up their payload quickly, sounds about right >__>
- AngryNoiseDude comparing Akimbo G18's to sex.

User Info: Arkard

Arkard
6 years ago#7
If you go after lvl 20 you should be able to do it no matter what unless you've gimped your character in some weird way.
I hope this signature doesn't offend anyone

User Info: Santo3485

Santo3485
6 years ago#8
I would highly recommend that you level up till 20. If you enter Dead Money on level 8, its gonna be tough, I would imagine it would be so tough that it would ruin your experience with Dead Money and you probably wont enjoy it (unless you really love a challenge).
If I were the man I was five years ago, I'd take a flamethrower to this place!
Al Pacino

User Info: ThermalStone

ThermalStone
6 years ago#9
There's also no reason to do it early (unlike operation anchorage in FO3) because the loot isn't very good.
Author of the Magic the Gathering Guide, Band of Bugs Walkthrough and the Halo Wars Achievement Guide

User Info: Corruption_Vash

Corruption_Vash
6 years ago#10
The only reason you should ever do O:A early in FO3 would be for the Power Armor Training perk.

Since Dead Money doesn't have that, just wait until you're level 20+.
PSN: TR_Nevest
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout: New Vegas
  3. Dead Money: Should I start it at level 8, or later?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived