Could Beth be Making A New Fallout With Skyrim's New Game Engine?

#1OnePolishGuyPosted 4/13/2011 7:27:52 PM
i cant say i know how Skyrim will run, but they put up quite a bit of hype over it. I have enough faith in Bethesda to trust them. However, i cant help but wonder...what if a new fallout game is being developed with this new engine?

what kinds of advantages would be offered? Im confident that more NPCs would be able to load at once, along with little tweaks to small inconveniences this current engine has always shown. I would expect one helluva fallout game. Maybe we could get a new vegas that is actually filled with reasonable amount of life? what else would you expect a new and improved engine to offer?

**NOTE** just a wild guess, though i wouldnt doubt this is being developed this very moment
---
"One minute youve got dead lice falling off your head, the next youre all over the board like ****ing Sea Biscuit!" ~Bad Santa
#21982blacksheepPosted 4/13/2011 7:35:16 PM
oh course fo4 will use the same engine as skyrim,

lots of possibilities and i know it will be amazing,

and no i really doubt they will make a another new engine for fo4

i'm prety sure beth is not working on it at the moment, my guess fo4 will be out 2013
---
add me on xbl xxSlave82xx
#3OnePolishGuy(Topic Creator)Posted 4/13/2011 7:38:56 PM
i'd imagine itll be out layer...2013 is only 2 years away. i remember hearing about FO3 almost 3 years prior to its actual release. grant you, NV took a lot sooner since the graphics were the same...but moving to a new engine might call for newer graphics?
---
"One minute youve got dead lice falling off your head, the next youre all over the board like ****ing Sea Biscuit!" ~Bad Santa
#41982blacksheepPosted 4/13/2011 7:45:46 PM
OnePolishGuy posted...
i'd imagine itll be out layer...2013 is only 2 years away. i remember hearing about FO3 almost 3 years prior to its actual release. grant you, NV took a lot sooner since the graphics were the same...but moving to a new engine might call for newer graphics?

skyrim is already making ppl mess their pants, also all the fallout fans are messing their pants about skyrims graphics
so i'm sure once beth finishes skyrim , they will move onto fo4 ....but yeah 2013 or 2014 we will get fo4 ......

but keep in mind the leagal battel between interplay and beth ......i'm not sure but this could bring things to a hault
---
#5ArrakisWintersPosted 4/13/2011 7:49:45 PM
1982blacksheep posted...
but keep in mind the legal battle between interplay and beth ......i'm not sure but this could bring things to a hault

I don't know that much about it, but my understanding is that Bethesda is trying to stop Interplay from developing Fallout Online. I don't think Interplay is trying to stop Bethesda from making Fallout 4. Then again, I'm not following it too closely.
---
The universe is vast, and we are so small. There is only one thing we can ever truly control; whether we are good or evil.
#61982blacksheepPosted 4/13/2011 8:02:41 PM
ArrakisWinters posted...
1982blacksheep posted...
but keep in mind the legal battle between interplay and beth ......i'm not sure but this could bring things to a hault

I don't know that much about it, but my understanding is that Bethesda is trying to stop Interplay from developing Fallout Online. I don't think Interplay is trying to stop Bethesda from making Fallout 4. Then again, I'm not following it too closely.

no they are battling about rights to the franchise ....that could bring things to a hault till it gets worked out
---
#7FishmastaRebornPosted 4/13/2011 8:12:07 PM
We'll probably have a new console within the next 2-3 years
#8ArrakisWintersPosted 4/13/2011 8:14:05 PM
1982blacksheep posted...
no they are battling about rights to the franchise ....that could bring things to a hault till it gets worked out

Oh! Yeah, I just looked it up, and you sir are correct. It's a bunch of lawsuit and counter-lawsuit nonsense. Well, I'm not a lawyer, but Interplay isn't really in very good shape. I doubt they'll win a lawsuit against such a successful company as Bethesda. But then again, the world is a crazy place. . .
---
The universe is vast, and we are so small. There is only one thing we can ever truly control; whether we are good or evil.
#9cymanxPosted 4/13/2011 8:22:24 PM
As far as I am aware, I believe Bethesda has purchased the Fallout franchise.
---
Maybe if we talk to the television, and know everything there is to know about football, that our favorite team will make it to the super bowl...
#10ArrakisWintersPosted 4/13/2011 8:25:24 PM
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Bethesda_v._Interplay
---