How to get all humanoid companions at the same time (glitch)

#1CoryLunchboxPosted 4/25/2011 5:32:07 AM
First this is not my glitch, I just searched youtube and found a video tutorial of this glitch. The video is a little long so I'll write the steps out here and post a link to the video at the end. Even the creator of this video says that he wasn't the first to discover this.

Second and most important for this glitch if you have already started Veronica's companion quest or Veronica is dead in your game then this glitch cannot be used and you'll need to reload a previous save or start a new game.

Step 1: Head to the 188 Trading post and recruit Veronica. You'll then need to trigger 3 events so that she approaches you about her companion quest. http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/I_Could_Make_You_Care

Step 2: When she asks something along the lines of "if you have a minute there's something I want to talk to you about" say not now.

Step 3: Fire Veronica and go hire another humanoid companion.

slight spoiler
Step 4: Go back to the 188 trading post and talk to Veronica. Select the option "what did you want to talk about earlier?", she'll say she wants you to go to the BoS with her. Select the option that she should go alone, she'll try and convince you again and select you won't go and she should go alone. When this happens it will say you've lost Veronica's Scribe Assistant perk even thought you didn't have her as a companion, this seems to create another slot for a companion.

Step 5: Talk to Veronica again and select "I think we should travel together" and you'll have 2 humanoid companions. continue to repeat steps 3-5 until you have all the followers you want.

Youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKtahEEL8eQ
#2Artemicion82Posted 4/25/2011 7:11:26 AM
Thank the beard of Zeus, I've been looking for a companion glitch, it was by far my favorite glitch on F3. I have Raul and Veronica with me now, going to get the rest of em :)
#3CoryLunchbox(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2011 9:42:44 AM
ProjectArms posted...
Thank the beard of Zeus, I've been looking for a companion glitch, it was by far my favorite glitch on F3. I have Raul and Veronica with me now, going to get the rest of em :)

It's a fun glitch to fool around with but you'll never have to shoot again :P
#4Artemicion82Posted 4/25/2011 9:55:43 AM
That doesn't bother me, hell in F3 I had ALL followers with me, totally decked out with unique stuff from all DLCs, it was the funnest playthrough I had.

I have noticed some problems though, since getting 5 group members the game noticeably chugs along, stalling every 20 seconds or so, and when I visited cassidy's caravan when she was with me the game froze. So I fear that this glitch will cause some problems when triggering companion specific moments.

have you noticed any problems like this? You said you had 7 members.
-
#5CoryLunchbox(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2011 10:11:28 AM
ProjectArms posted...
That doesn't bother me, hell in F3 I had ALL followers with me, totally decked out with unique stuff from all DLCs, it was the funnest playthrough I had.

I have noticed some problems though, since getting 5 group members the game noticeably chugs along, stalling every 20 seconds or so, and when I visited cassidy's caravan when she was with me the game froze. So I fear that this glitch will cause some problems when triggering companion specific moments.

have you noticed any problems like this? You said you had 7 members.
-

I haven't had any issues so far, I've gotten into some big fights and had no slow down. I only started this glitch a few days ago so I can't say for sure but my experience has been smooth. Hopefully it was just a minor hiccup and will clear up if you jsut save and quit and come back or something.
#6masterpug53Posted 4/25/2011 12:35:14 PM
Huh, seems it was a good day to check the boards. Thanks for the info!
---
http://s928.photobucket.com/albums/ad124/masterpug53/
#7Arcade__GannonPosted 4/25/2011 12:44:40 PM
This could be entertaining..,
---
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q110/Airock_54/Relaxians/GuillerBro.jpg
GT: GUILLERBRO
#8gokugohangotenPosted 4/25/2011 1:28:32 PM
Tag for future reference. Nice find.
---
"---aliens and the government cant read messages with dashes infront of them it confuses there softwear and makes it ignore them" - tzar_666
#9CoryLunchbox(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2011 5:38:50 PM
gokugohangoten posted...
Tag for future reference. Nice find.

I got lucky, I was kind of thinking that if anyone found a glitch like this they would have posted it to one of the Fallout communities like here or the wiki it was just sheer fluke i decided to search around youtube and found that 4 week old video with only a couple hundred views. The community needs to know about glitches like this :P
#10donwalloPosted 4/25/2011 6:35:18 PM
How powerful is your party with 5 companions? It seems like even in Deathwind you would be a steamroller.
---
If you DO NOT believe in Jesus Christ , HAVE NOT accepted him as your lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig