Game constantly freezes when I take ED-E to the Novac Scrapyard.

#1DanteRulesPosted 5/5/2011 11:39:50 PM
I'm lucky if the eyebot gets through it's dialog from Whitney, but it always freezes around this time. I have tried on three separate occasions, one of which was while I was saving. I tried installing the game, but that didn't help. Is there any way to get around this?
---
My video game parody: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97IuqHlCFHo
Gamer Tag: Exotic Charm
#2TyrannicalPosted 5/6/2011 12:00:46 AM
My game froze twice talking to old lady gibson at the scrap yard while I had ED-E.
---
Australian customs: Do you have a criminal record?
Me: I didn't think you needed one anymore.
#3EskimoobobPosted 5/12/2011 11:34:52 AM
I have the exact same problem, every time ED-E attempts to start his dialog for his side mission or whatever it completely freezes my game.
#4EskimoobobPosted 5/12/2011 11:43:15 AM
Ok what I did was I waited until it was daylight so we were outside then I set him to wait a few yards back; I rushed through the dialog because I had seen it so much. When it got to ED-E's pre recorded messages I just pressed A and didn't let any of them play. Then I saved and went through just because I wanted to read/hear them. This seemed to work out fine.
#5Chr0noidPosted 5/12/2011 1:32:04 PM
I'm having a similar problem with Cass and visiting the NCR Safehouse. I don't know if it's because of Cass specifically or something else but it freezes up there practically every time.
---
They might as well just advertise it as a date rape drug at this point. -Lt.Storm on AXE Deodorant
#6PPPPLAASSUMAPosted 5/12/2011 1:57:17 PM
I've run into many strange glitches like this, and the only solution I've found is to go about whatever you're doing in a different manner, like Eskimo said.

For example, I had to go to the Gibsons shack to get Elijahs notes, but every single time I fast traveled to gibson scrap yard (the closest place I had discovered), went to the shack, and clicked on the door, the game would freeze at the loading screen.

I must have tried it ten times. before I just decided to walk there from Hidden Valley (not a far walk), and for some reason the walking method worked. Not even a hiccup at the loading screen.

Try doing some random hijinks then come back, maybe leave your human companion behind or walk there from a different location.

I personally haven't used EDE since my first playthru of the game when he disappeared in Vault 34 and never came back, screwing me out of ever getting Rex. He's just way too gltichy for my tastes.
#7Happy_RobotPosted 5/17/2011 5:39:17 PM
Do you guys think it's because of the new patch, or were you having this problem before the patch. I'm having the same problem where I talk to Gibson with ED-E present, it starts the ED-E My Love quest, and freezes when I exit the dialog. When I told ED-E to leave, and did the dialog, I had no problems. But I thought on one of my older runs with an older patch, it had no problems.
---
D: