How many possible endings?

#1MurderDeth00420Posted 5/11/2011 11:44:42 PM
I put the game down before I beat it going through yes-man to the hoover dam. I don't think I am really on the side of the NCR or the side of the Legion

so my question is simple...how many factions can you represent on your way to hoover dam for the ending?
#2ZeeFeaverPosted 5/11/2011 11:49:12 PM
I've always seen it as:

4 Major Factions
4 minor factions

Major:

NCR
Legion
House
Yes Man

Minor:

BoS
Boomers
Enclave Remnants
Great Khans
#3grand_kaizerPosted 5/11/2011 11:51:49 PM
There are far more minor factions than four.

But there are four large scale questlines that lead to the ending: supporting House, supporting the NCR, supporting Caesar's Legion, or working alongside Yes Man.
---
Twilight: One woman's struggle to choose between necrophilia and bestiality.
~The Official King Caelum of the Versus XIII boards~
#4MurderDeth00420(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2011 3:55:43 AM
grand_kaizer posted...
There are far more minor factions than four.

But there are four large scale questlines that lead to the ending: supporting House, supporting the NCR, supporting Caesar's Legion, or working alongside Yes Man.

I really enjoyed working with the BoS...so if I want to work with them and not make them hate me...whose questline do i finish with? or is there no way to fight alongside the BoS at hoover damn...?
#5Sniping_TurtlePosted 5/12/2011 4:17:09 AM(edited)
27 slides covering the dam and various factions, places, companions, and yourself. Each one of those 27 having a different result based on what you did/didn't do.

Though you'll probably not see some of them if you don't encounter their related trigger.
---
May God have mercy on your soul... - The Preacher
Because I sure as hell won't. - The Gunslinger
#6MurderDeth00420(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2011 4:25:16 AM
Sniping_Turtle posted...
27 slides covering the dam and various factions, places, companions, and yourself. Each one of those 27 having a different result based on what you did/didn't do.

Though you'll probably not see some of them if you don't encounter their related trigger.

slides what do you mean by slides?

muito confuso
#7DrakoVongola1Posted 5/12/2011 4:30:13 AM
MurderDeth00420 posted...
Sniping_Turtle posted...

slides what do you mean by slides?

muito confuso

At the end, you get a slideshow teling you what happened because of your actions.

If you want to let the BoS live, side with Yes Man or NCR. You can't let the BoS win the Dam, wouldn't make sense, how is a faction with so few members in the area gonna win the Dam? Besides, they're more interested in collecting pre-war toys than securing the Dam.
---
I believe in Jesus.
Yes, I enjoy FFVII. Yes, Vincent is my favorite character. No, I will not change my sig 'till he gets into Dissidia.
#8SonicMonkeysPosted 5/12/2011 4:30:53 AM
There are 6 main faction endings, depending on whether Caesar lives or dies when siding with the Legion and whether you upgrade the Securitrons when siding with Yes Man.

Further variables/factions include:
-your karma at the end (good, neutral, or evil)
-companion status for all 8 companions (quest finished or not/are they dead or alive), -Boomers (completed Volare or not)
-Tabitha/Black Mountain (did you fix Rhonda or not, or ignored)
-Brotherhood of Steel (decided by who the Elder is)
-Fiends (did you destroy 0, 2, or all 4 leaders)
-Followers of the Apocaypse
-Goodsprings (did you side with them or powder gangers at beginning of the game)
-Great Khans (completed Oh My Papa in any of several ways)
-Jacobstown (cure the Nightkin or not)
-The Kings (most endings have them all die based on G.I. Blues)
-NCR Misfits (trained by you or not)
-Novac (Come Fly With Me)
-Powder Gangers (both NCR Correctional Facility and Vault 19)
-Enclave Remnants (Arcade Gannon quest)
-Primm (who did you pick to be Sheriff)
-NCR Rangers (Captain Hanlon confronted or not)

So there are basically 6 main endings and 2-4 distinct endings for each faction/companion.
---
Blame your fate.