So I just finished Dead Money... *SPOILERS*

#1___Django___Posted 6/19/2011 7:41:50 AM
Well, it was actually fun. A little hard, but fun. It was generally easy until you start the Gala event. Then it got really hard for 5 minutes because of the massive swarm of Ghost people. Oh, and to those who complain about not being able to kill a ghost person,
Step 1: Pick up knife spear
Step 2: Rush Ghost Person
Step 3: Flail about with the spear
Step 4: If you somehow kill them without damaging limbs, then just smack the dead body; Corpses break all limbs when you strike them.

The only hard part was when 5 or more started attacking at once. Once the Holorifle was fully upgraded, then I started using that. Headshots galore. Especially when you sneak attack them.

Overall, it was pretty good. The loot was ok. There was the Assassin Suit, the Sierra Madre Armor, the police pistol, the Holorifle, and that all Sierra Madre chips can be turned into Weapon Repair kits or Stimpacks. Plus, with the cigarette packs and cartons that we can turn in for coins that means even more! I also made it out with 2 gold bars. One will sit on a desk, and the other will be sold for money.

Now for the story, it is a damn necessity, and to be honest, I think it should be played after Honest Hearts. It has so much foreshadowing that doesn't have anything to do with Honest Hearts that it should be played after it. All the foreshadowing points to the big empty and the battle with the couriers. I was glad that I got to finally see Elijah for the obsessor he had become.

All in all, 7/10 DLC. It makes me hyped for Old World Blues and Lonesome Road though.
---
|¯¯\ _|¯|
|__/ |__|¤ «Enough data to choke a whale»
#2jakezing33Posted 6/19/2011 8:26:07 AM
WHEN did dlc have to tie into each other?

its all setting up for Ulysses and lonesome road
---
xbox live: ssteiner209
steam: Jakezing
#3___Django___(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2011 8:52:28 AM

WHEN did dlc have to tie into each other?

its all setting up for Ulysses and lonesome road

Because a good story has Foreshadowing.
---
|¯¯\ _|¯|
|__/ |__|¤ «Enough data to choke a whale»
#4FinneganPosted 6/19/2011 8:59:24 AM
REALLY good stories, though, have fiveshadowing.
---
QVANTI CANICVLA ILLE IN FENESTRA
#5SieithPosted 6/19/2011 9:17:58 AM
Ghost people are easy

Bear Trap fist + 75 Unarmed Cross punch = Insta-death
#6ut2k3Posted 6/19/2011 9:20:49 AM
^ that. I was straight Lui Kanging mother ghosters towards the end, Bear trap fast crit rate with my crit build was insane, wait for them to charge, VATS, then one inch punch and they explode.
---
it's simple economics son, I don't understand it at all, but God I love it.
Randy Marsh
#7tw1g_007Posted 6/19/2011 9:31:50 AM
Why doesn't anyone know this?

Its very very easy to make out with ALL the Gold Bars. Basically collect them all, invite Elijah over and start making a run for the exit. Well you don't run technically since you are overweight with Gold but you get the point. If you have a stealth boy it really helps because it avoids early Elijah detection.

Almost every single time you will "barely" make it before the shields come up. Presto. You move your overencumbered butt to the exit and finally go to the Mojave with all the Gold intact.
---
Gunlance FAQ can be found @ the minegarde video section [ http://forums.minegarde.com/forum/67-video-guides/ ] (The FAQ Roughly @ 70% completion)
#8GenocalypsePosted 6/19/2011 9:46:42 AM
tw1g_007 posted...

Its very very easy to make out with ALL the Gold Bars. Basically collect them all, invite Elijah over and start making a run for the exit. Well you don't run technically since you are overweight with Gold but you get the point. If you have a stealth boy it really helps because it avoids early Elijah detection.

Almost every single time you will "barely" make it before the shields come up. Presto. You move your overencumbered butt to the exit and finally go to the Mojave with all the Gold intact.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAQmjNorUwc it works and it feels much more satisfying to me than killing elijah and running out having to leave it all behind before the explosion.
#9tw1g_007Posted 6/19/2011 9:52:52 AM
Genocalypse posted...
tw1g_007 posted...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAQmjNorUwc it works and it feels much more satisfying to me than killing elijah and running out having to leave it all behind before the explosion.

Wow nice video. Youtube must be awesome these days lol. No more having to figure stuff out yourself with all these video walkthroughs.
---
Gunlance FAQ can be found @ the minegarde video section [ http://forums.minegarde.com/forum/67-video-guides/ ] (The FAQ Roughly @ 70% completion)
#10dwill2168Posted 6/19/2011 10:07:55 AM
tw1g_007 posted...
Genocalypse posted...
tw1g_007 posted...

Wow nice video. Youtube must be awesome these days lol. No more having to figure stuff out yourself with all these video walkthroughs.

you know?
i havent even read an actual Faq/walkthrough that was in document form on this site, or anywhere else since like late 2006. that doesnt count Faqs recommended for being awfully written, to be read for lulz.. between youtube and asking specific questions on these boards, i never have to dig around a text file looking for a specific part, or a new guide that wasnt garbage. with the video walkthroughs, besides inaccuracy, the only was to mess them up is by having crappy quality video