Christine's Sniper Rifle...

#11Otacon305Posted 7/23/2011 9:34:34 PM
Critical multipliers don't matter when you sneak attack. Weee!
---
Neither enemy nor friend...
#12krono069Posted 7/23/2011 9:53:19 PM
Otacon305 posted...
Critical multipliers don't matter when you sneak attack. Weee!

^True. Basically, the COS is a dream gun come true! Weeeeeee!
(ha, my "wee" was longer than yours)

__
---
The world actually ends on 11.11.11. because everyone's gonna' be playing Skyrim instead of doing their jobs. 3DS FC: 2062-9244-7613
#13projectpat72988Posted 7/23/2011 9:58:04 PM
I JUST now found this gun and now I can stop worrying about what im gonna do about health........Seems on average every 3rd shot just OWNS everything.

Ive done Fallout 3 and NV and everything on Very Hard mode. I remember Point Looktout being an absolute BEEEOOTCHh. But this Old World for some reason has given me so much trouble. I arrived with 170 stinpaks and am down to 10, thank god I havent got into my super stin pak stash yet. I went to change the difficulty from Very Hard to Hard...and noticed it was ALREADY on normal.
#14SomboSteelPosted 7/23/2011 9:58:15 PM
wooty2 posted...
If you think it degrades too fast then use Elijah's Advanced LAER. You'll have a completely different interpretation of fast degrading weapons.

Degrades WAY too fast lol
---
GT: Sombo
#15robitussin217Posted 7/23/2011 10:46:07 PM

Yeah, it seems a little weird they dwarfed the gobi with Christine's COS. Before, the gobi and regular sniper rifle were separated by power vs. versatility. The regular sniper rifle was the better gun for mid and close range because of the silencer (if you play that way). The COS may even take that role. It has a higher DPS. I'm not sure if the higher critical chance makes it the better VATS gun than the regular sniper rifle. You get one more shot with the sniper rifle in one round of VATS. If I was better at math, I would know what the chances are that one of those three shots (at AG 7 or greater) would be a critical hit. You'll only get 2 shots with the COS. If one of the COS's two shots is a critical, it does more damage than 2 shots+ 1critical shot from the sniper rifle.

Maybe someone who is good at and/or enjoys math will know how to figure that stuff, and what light touch and Joshua Graham's armor would do and all that stuff. I need to go take an ibuprofen for this headache now.

#16NicodaemosPosted 7/23/2011 11:18:43 PM
The Gobi is now obsolete beyond all doubt. Whatever it's advantages are in VATS are, IMO, not worth putting 100 points in Lockpick.
---
Until you spread your wings, you'll never know how far you can walk.
GT-- The Baconer
#17projectpat72988Posted 7/23/2011 11:21:24 PM
Are you kidding? Lockpick is basically essential...unless you happy missing safes every 5 seconds
#18extremegunner(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2011 11:47:25 PM(edited)
Renegade109 posted...
Not quite, the CoS Rifle only has half the Critical Multiplier of the non-patched SR.

Still, that's plenty powerful.

Ha, yea. I got a little too excited when I saw the 63 damage and the improved Crit Multiplier. Against armoured folks, which are all over the friggin' Big MT, it's still not great. Sneak wipe-outs are possible again though, so **** yea!
---
There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.
#19robitussin217Posted 7/23/2011 11:51:56 PM

projectpat72988 posted...
Are you kidding? Lockpick is basically essential...unless you happy missing safes every 5 seconds

True, but I still think it's more useful for character building. I seem to get along just fine without lockpick. The only other gun I can think of where lockpick is absolutely essential is the pulse gun.

#20extremegunner(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2011 11:55:58 PM
And I wish I had brought the Pulse Gun to the Big MT.
---
There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.