Logan's Loophole: a failed trait.

#1lorddrago88Posted 9/9/2011 7:02:36 PM
Level cap so I'm not too powerful? OE screwed that up with the drug modifiers. Can't get addicted, drugs (and other drug effects like the Stealth Boys and food) last twice as long. Do you know how amazing the drug Steady is? I get perfect accuracy from a mile away and can even VATS head shot someone with only 57 in guns from that same distance with 95% accuracy. You know what else is amazing? I can get an infinite amount from the Dead Money vending machines. Hundreds for only a few thousands chips and I can shoot something from any distance with any weapon.

Oh, and don't get me started on making Turbo last twice as long along with every other chem. Ugh.

I use Logan's Loophole and Fast Shot. **** dies. Fast.

Logan's Loophole is a failed trait because it was suppose to keep characters from not leveling and getting stronger. Instead, a level 30 Logan's Loophole character is most likely stronger than any other character at a higher level.
---
---If I suspect you have an agenda or have no intention of listening, I may not respond to your post. Deal with it.---
#2pkmnpkmnPosted 9/9/2011 7:22:08 PM
it may be news to some people o this board, but not everyone plays a chem junkie ingame.
---
2 atoms walk into a bar, one says I think I lost an electron, the other says really? the first says I'm positive ~wadsworth
#3masterpug53Posted 9/9/2011 7:23:14 PM
Heh, that's probably why I like it so much, in both actual and implied ways.
---
Simple questions deserve long-winded answers that no one will bother to read.
#4RampagingwalrusPosted 9/9/2011 7:37:42 PM
Loophole also fails at "weakening" the player, by restricting your level, and not allowing enemies to new level lists of weapons. Particularly noticeable in OWB.

You can easily get more than enough skill points and perks by level 30, to be unstoppable. Add in nigh unending drug highs, and you're a god amongst termites.
---
By reading this, you waive any rights you have to feeling bad about my making fun of you.
Thank you for your time. :-)
#5grand_kaizerPosted 9/9/2011 11:37:13 PM
The 'no addiction' penalty is hardly a massive one though. Very rarely will you ever be in a situation where you can't just go to the nearest doctor and give them 50 caps for an addiction removal. The double-length effect... well, I recommend avoiding chemist if you want that to be in any way limiting, otherwise yes, it's kinda broken.
---
Twilight: One woman's struggle to choose between necrophilia and bestiality.
~The Official King Caelum of the Versus XIII boards~
#6KutKuSlayerPosted 9/10/2011 5:23:29 AM
if you dont want to be OP, dont use the chems.
you dont HAVE to become a super-junkie just because you have the trait.

if you want the game to be challenging, make it a challenge.
---
WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY TOPIC???__carwreck__
http://www.speakeasyclinic.com/
#7WandrianPosted 9/10/2011 7:01:58 AM
KutKuSlayer posted...

Yes you do.
#8robitussin217Posted 9/10/2011 7:34:58 AM

KutKuSlayer posted...
if you dont want to be OP, dont use the chems.

if you want the game to be challenging, make it a challenge.

This.

Seriously, voluntary restraint is not that crazy of an idea in a role-playing game.

I will say that Logan's Loophole seems like two rather unrelated traits rolled into one. I would rather have had Logan's Loophole be another hardcorish trait to stack onto hardcore, and have another trait balanced with the chem modifiers.

#9y000012500Posted 9/10/2011 7:46:30 AM
Sometimes doubling the length of an effect really doesn't matter though. If I use a chem, it means the enemies around will all die. I don't need to double the length, because I hardly need the length of one to begin with. If I doubled the length, it would just mean I'd have that effect while I was taking a stroll.

Granted, if you take all the perks that increase the length, they can actually last quite a while. But that personally just adds an unnecessary stress that makes me feel like I should be taking advantage of it. I'd rather just use the vending machine you mentioned and buy as many chems as I need and use them as I need them. When you have an infinite amount, why does it matter how long it lasts?
#10pkmnpkmnPosted 9/10/2011 7:49:29 AM
personally I think using chems should cause random spontaneous deaths, like in real life using crack all the time can kill you instantly, so there should be a meter that measures how many chems you take and the more you take the higher a chance that you will randomly die from drug OD.
---
2 atoms walk into a bar, one says I think I lost an electron, the other says really? the first says I'm positive ~wadsworth