Red Glare sucks

#1tw1g_007Posted 9/22/2011 4:15:01 AM
Or the wiki could be wrong? I am referring to base stats.

I mean both unique grenade rifles out damage it especially the red victory grenade rifle by a long shot.

I don't even want to compare it to Annabelle because it gets sad at this point.

So much for the "signature" explosive weapon making a debut. Once again I sure hope the wiki is wrong because i am disappointed.
---
Gunlance FAQ can be found @ the minegarde video section [ http://forums.minegarde.com/forum/67-video-guides/ ] (The FAQ Roughly @ 70% completion)
#2lagamorph79Posted 9/22/2011 4:21:09 AM
Even after the mods were added to RG (I had not spent enough time with it since my PCs are guns/melee/unarmed type builds)? Seems the DPS is high once the mods were added, but did not compare it to the other explosive weapons.
#3MC2011Posted 9/22/2011 4:25:36 AM
Ya, after 3 levels of demo it's damage for me is 103 with a DPS of 643.

It's essentially a long range grenade machine gun, with a modded 4x scope, extremely high velocity rockets and 13 rocket magazine.
---
May God have mercy on your soul... - The Preacher
Because I sure as hell won't. - The Gunslinger
#4tw1g_007(Topic Creator)Posted 9/22/2011 4:26:48 AM
lagamorph79 posted...
Even after the mods were added to RG (I had not spent enough time with it since my PCs are guns/melee/unarmed type builds)? Seems the DPS is high once the mods were added, but did not compare it to the other explosive weapons.

Yea I am hoping the mods make somewhat of an impact.

Could any other explosive weapons user compare? I am particularly curious about how it stacks up verses the 2 unique grenade rifles since the wiki is a piece of **** at the moment.
---
Gunlance FAQ can be found @ the minegarde video section [ http://forums.minegarde.com/forum/67-video-guides/ ] (The FAQ Roughly @ 70% completion)
#5tw1g_007(Topic Creator)Posted 9/22/2011 4:29:41 AM
MC2011 posted...

It's essentially a long range grenade machine gun, with a modded 4x scope, extremely high velocity rockets and 13 rocket magazine.

Wow!! That's amazing. If I remember correctly didn't a modded grenade machine gun have close to 666 DPS? Damn. Those mods do make a difference.
---
#6lagamorph79Posted 9/22/2011 4:32:27 AM
tw1g_007 posted...
MC2011 posted...

Wow!! That's amazing. If I remember correctly didn't a modded grenade machine gun have close to 666 DPS? Damn. Those mods do make a difference.

Not sure, but anything with 666 means not good. O_o
#7RampagingwalrusPosted 9/22/2011 4:33:29 AM
I doubt that it is supposed to be the "best" explosive weapon.

I am fairly sure, that due to its scope, and extreme velocity rockets, that it is supposed to be the "sniper" explosive weapon.

The grenade rifle/launcher can be a pain to land exactly where you want it to, same with the machinegun. Even Annabelle with its lack of a proper scope, requires VATS to be accurate at longer distances. However, this new do-dad, lands with pinpoint accuracy.
---
By reading this, you waive any rights you have to feeling bad about my making fun of you.
Thank you for your time. :-)
#8grand_kaizerPosted 9/22/2011 4:37:01 AM
Rampagingwalrus posted...
I doubt that it is supposed to be the "best" explosive weapon.

I am fairly sure, that due to its scope, and extreme velocity rockets, that it is supposed to be the "sniper" explosive weapon.

The grenade rifle/launcher can be a pain to land exactly where you want it to, same with the machinegun. Even Annabelle with its lack of a proper scope, requires VATS to be accurate at longer distances. However, this new do-dad, lands with pinpoint accuracy.

Ah, beat me to it Walrus.

Yes, with one of the strongest scopes in the game once fully modded, the Red Glare seems to be an explosives sniper weapon, something I'm sure many of us weren't expecting to see.
---
"Anywhere is within walking distance, as long as you have the time."
[The Official Robert House of the Fallout: New Vegas Boards]
#9MC2011Posted 9/22/2011 4:40:11 AM
Also, I'd like to point out, that's after modding Red Glare with all 3 mods.

So ya, rockets that go 531 MPH (missiles I believe go 50MPH), a 4.35x scope (a sniper scope is 3.5x) and 5 rockets a second.

I should really try using it more.
---
May God have mercy on your soul... - The Preacher
Because I sure as hell won't. - The Gunslinger
#10tw1g_007(Topic Creator)Posted 9/22/2011 4:40:58 AM
With a spread of 0.5 I wouldn't necessarily call it a Sniper Explosive Weapon. Its more "mid-range"ish.

Annabelle is the true Sniper explosive weapon with a spread of 0.02. And I never had a problem aiming with Annabelle long range or the grenade rifles mid-range. For grenade rifles I just simply VATs the legs and it doesn't matter what percentage I get because its going to cripple enemies due to the blast radius.
---