I dont understand the use of the new shotgun shells...

#1GunningSoulPosted 9/27/2011 3:29:27 PM
I'm not sure I understand the use of the new shotgun shells/slugs.

Dragon's breath - Very cool effect, like transforming my shotgun into a flamthrower. But I'm left to wonder, what is the technical advantage of using such ammo type? Maybe it burns armor, or something?

4/0 Slugs - I know there's 4 projectiles instead of the usual amount, but how can I use that to my advantage? I'm guessing there's less spread, or is it?

Pulse Slugs -I'm completly puzzled about the way to use theses. It seems they are simply weaker versions of slugs with a pulse-y effect added to them. What do they do that would make them worth using?
---
The things of me? Well I am tolding you;
I have turned into very funny, ha ha ha!!
#2MC2011Posted 9/27/2011 3:30:46 PM
1) Adds a damage over time effect that I think might be boosted with pyro.

2) More damage with less pellets, useful against light armor.

3) Good against robots/power armor.
---
May God have mercy on your soul... - The Preacher
Because I sure as hell won't. - The Gunslinger
#3MasterofTheivesPosted 9/27/2011 3:32:38 PM(edited)
GunningSoul posted...

Dragon's breath - Very cool effect, like transforming my shotgun into a flamthrower. But I'm left to wonder, what is the technical advantage of using such ammo type? Maybe it burns armor, or something?

4/0 Slugs - I know there's 4 projectiles instead of the usual amount, but how can I use that to my advantage? I'm guessing there's less spread, or is it?

Pulse Slugs -I'm completly puzzled about the way to use theses. It seems they are simply weaker versions of slugs with a pulse-y effect added to them. What do they do that would make them worth using?

Dragons Breath does good fire damage.

4/0 has less spread and less projectiles, but I think they're stronger, especially the Magnum 4/0.

Like any pulse weapon, the Pulse Slugs are meant to be a good way to dispatch robots and anyone in Power Armor.
---
Oblivion called, said they want their troll back.
#4NicodaemosPosted 9/27/2011 3:33:00 PM(edited)
GunningSoul posted...

Dunno, haven't tested it yet. But I would guess that it causes damage over time.

Dunno.

Use them against robots and people in Power Armor.

Edit: Ninja'd. Redundant post ftw!
---
Until you spread your wings, you'll never know how far you can walk.
GT-- The Baconer
#5RampagingwalrusPosted 9/27/2011 3:32:37 PM
MC2011 posted...
1) Adds a damage over time effect that I think might be boosted with pyro.

2) More damage with less pellets, useful against heavy armor.

3) Good against robots/power armor.

Fixed.
---
By reading this, you waive any rights you have to feeling bad about my making fun of you.
Thank you for your time. :-)
#6MC2011Posted 9/27/2011 3:40:13 PM(edited)
eh, I started a new character so I don't know the full potential of the 3/0,4/0 buck yet, but it just seems like the damage so far has been boosted enough to help bypass middle tier light armor/low tier medium armor more than anything.

Edit - Well, if you don't take into account the Shotgun Surgeon perk.
---
May God have mercy on your soul... - The Preacher
Because I sure as hell won't. - The Gunslinger
#7tw1g_007Posted 9/27/2011 4:16:05 PM
MasterofTheives posted...
GunningSoul posted...

Dragons Breath does good fire damage.

4/0 has less spread and less projectiles, but I think they're stronger, especially the Magnum 4/0.

Like any pulse weapon, the Pulse Slugs are meant to be a good way to dispatch robots and anyone in Power Armor.

Compared to normal magnums? No dude.

4/0 only applies to less projectiles which basically means more likely chance of all the shells hitting. I wouldn't say less spread because its not like it decreases the spread of the Riot Shotgun. 4/0 is also not stronger than the normal Magnums. They both have a 30% increase.
---
Gunlance FAQ can be found @ the minegarde video section [ http://forums.minegarde.com/forum/67-video-guides/ ] (The FAQ Roughly @ 70% completion)
#8CheetahZ1Posted 9/27/2011 7:41:19 PM
Is it a 30% overall increase.

Or is it a 30% increase to each pellet?
---
Dear Gearbox, Rock is overpowered please nerf it. Paper is fine the way it is.
From, Scissors
#9HaywoodJBMPosted 9/27/2011 8:32:44 PM
CheetahZ1 posted...
Is it a 30% overall increase.

Or is it a 30% increase to each pellet?

Magnum Rounds add 30% overall damage. 4/0(or 3/0) adds damage to each individual pellet, but with fewer pellets. This means that 4/0 does the same amount of damage against unarmored opponents as regular/normal rounds. But, against armored opponents, 4/0 will do more damage because each pellet has more damage, meaning greater penetration.

Really people, its not hard to understand
---
my gamertag is: BlazerKill
Minecraft IGN: MottoScotto
#10UnstandardwarPosted 9/27/2011 8:37:58 PM
He forgot to mention Flechettes.
---
(V)0-0(V) This is Mudcrab. Copy and paste him into your signature to help him achieve world Domination.