How good's the YCS/186 with the gauss rifle glitches?

#1RunitePosted 3/16/2012 6:00:05 PM
Occasionally misfiring is fine, I can roll with that. No crits? No sneak attacks? No headshot bonus?

Is it worth it, or should I use the Holorifle for sniping instead?
#2Runite(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2012 7:41:26 PM
ALSO: Does special ammo work with gauss rifles / the YCS? Or does it do the same fixed damage even with Max Charge cells?
#3lorddrago88Posted 3/19/2012 2:21:43 PM
Gauss Rifles are s*** with all the glitches. Use the various sniper rifles like the AMR or COS Rifle from OWB.
---
Ulfric is not racist. He is a nationalist. If he's racist, why is my Dark Elf warrior allowed to join the Stormcloaks?
#4MattheauPosted 3/20/2012 3:52:03 AM
The glitches only apply to VATs. Why would you use VATs for a sniping? Basically, all VATs does is give you at least a 5% chance to completely miss against a stationary target with an extremely accurate weapon.

The usefulness varies. The YCS/186 with the Meltdown perk can snipe entire groups of enemies. If you are energy weapons only, the YCS/186 is better for sniping really, really tough enemies, but otherwise the Holorifle is better since it one hit kills most enemies when used as a sniper weapon. If you also have guns, you really should be going for a silenced weapon. Even the Sniper Rifle, despite the unimpressive looking damage stat, can one hit kill almost everything, so ultimately a silencer is much better than overkilling an enemy with more damage.