Rome: Consultant for Hire. (Re Opened)

#71AverageAverage(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2012 10:49:47 PM(edited)
Rome didn't mean to kill the dog, obviously. How could she have known? The thing was ancient. If she would've known it would have gone that way, she wouldn't have done it. That was for certain.

Slowly she crept passed The King, who was too focused on his dead friend to even begin to notice her. Her short lived victory now effectively diminished, Rome left the building. Rome became visible again walking back through Freeside, although she was hardly noticeable given her depressed slouch.

Her deep thoughts were interrupted by a sudden feminine scream, followed by a hard packing sound that could only be a punch and a sharp, "Shut the **** up!"

Rome turned instantly to the sound, it was obviously coming from an alley. She removed the pistol from her jacket and pulled the hammer back. Keeping to the shadows she walked through the alley and heard another set of screams silenced by the heavy sound of boot on flesh, and then a loud pop as a rib broke.

The alley emerged into a dimly lit space, from the dark the scene was easily visible. A woman with newly forming bruises squirmed desperately backwards as a destitute and obviously high knife wielding thug approached her. The woman appeared to be relatively well off, it seemed a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Rome walked briskly forward into the light and towards the thug. Using her momentum she slammed her foot into his knee cap, it made a sharp cracking sound as it broke and he shrieked in pain, crumpling to the ground and dropping his knife.

Rome grabbed him by the shoulder and threw him against the wall, putting the pistol to his forehead. The man cried out in pain and fright as he attempted to move his head away from the barrel to no avail.

With the woman panting and crying behind her, Rome spoke to the man, "What's your name?"

"My," the thug gasped in pain, "name?"

Rome flicked the pistol and said, "Yeah *** hole, you're name."

The thug breathed quickly and heavily, but managed to pull himself together long enough to say, "Pete."

Rome raised her voice and asked the beaten girl, "And what's your name, stranger?"

The woman let out a sharp gasp and said, "Stella."

"That's a pretty name, Stella. Now it's my understanding that Pete here was going to **** you and kill you, correct?"

"Y- yeah."

"I think it's safe to say if I didn't come along, you'd be as good as dead?"

Stella let out a painful, "Mhm."

"Alright then, Stella. You decide if I kill Pete."
---
Unfortunately we haven't time to play games. [[NVBM]]
#72AverageAverage(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2012 10:52:55 PM(edited)
Pete shrieked and attempted to limp off, but Rome grabbed him by his neck and held him against the wall. Stella breathed harder as she thought.

"I'm gonna need an answer quick, Stella, or I'm going to leave myself to my own devices, and that won't be pretty."

Stella breathed harder and faster for a few seconds, and Pete struggled even more. Finally came a barely audible, "N-no."

"Good choice."

Pete's eyes lit up in relief for the brief moment before Rome's hand left his neck and slammed into his stomach, sending him tumbling back onto the ground. She thumbed the hammer of the pistol and slipped it back into her jacket, making sure to kick Pete one more time in his broken knee. He whelped and then went cold, most likely from pain; maybe from fright.

Rome stomped on Pete's *****y switchblade as she made her way over to Stella, the woman's dress was torn and she was still having trouble breathing.

"C'mon, Stella, I'm going to get you over to the Followers."

Stella muttered, "Okay," before inhaling in pain as Rome picked her up and supported her under her arm. Slowly but surely the two made their way over to The Fort. Rome pushed through the gate and walked to the tents.

"I've got someone who could use a lot of help over here."

Upon seeing her condition the tired night watch doctor hurried over and helped support Stella's weight as they layed her down on a gurney.

"What happened?"

"Found her being attacked in an alley. She's got at least one broken or cracked rib, I know that. Her name's Stella, she'll be fine."

The doctor put his hand on her wrist checking for a pulse and then uncapped some med-x before saying confidently, "Yes, yes she will."

--------------------------------------

Rome tossed the stupid suit onto a table and stripped off her night clothes, then climbed into bed while making sure not to wake Julie.

She put her arm around Julie and thought about how she had just let someone she normally would've killed without batting an eye go, and that she felt good about it.

---
#73LiquidGearSolidPosted 4/21/2012 10:51:05 PM
Interesting, well-written, and updated more frequently than Gunslinger for Hire. I like this topic. I may have a contract for Rome soon.
---
--- You know the second nuclear apocalypse is on its way when you meet a friendly person wearing power armor. ---
#74AverageAverage(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2012 10:55:34 PM
LiquidGearSolid posted...
Interesting, well-written, and updated more frequently than Gunslinger for Hire. I like this topic. I may have a contract for Rome soon.

Thank you for the compliment, looking forward to it!

Also a quick thing I'd like to say. As a future heads up to everyone, I generally tend to stick around and re read and edit for at least 10 minutes once everything is posted. So I'd recommend just checking in Sunday morning instead of as soon as I post them. That way you'll be reading a much more refined (and hopefully better) story.
---
#75LiquidGearSolidPosted 4/22/2012 1:23:42 AM
Ok I scanned the first Rome topic and I don't think these have been done yet, so here's the first one...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As early morning arrived in Freeside and everyone was either in bed sleeping or passed out in a gutter, a silver-haired man in an exquisite black business suit slipped into the Old Mormon Fort like a ghost. His footsteps were swift and silent, and soon they brought him to the tower door. Finding it locked, he inserted something metal into the keyhole and then eased the door open. Ascending the steps, he found who he was looking for. Rome lay sleeping on a queen-size bed next to Julie. The man smirked, withdrawing a syringe from his coat pocket. He eased over to Julie's side of the bed, then gently inserted the needle into her wrist and injected the contents of the syringe. Placing the syringe back into his pocket he called out in a low voice, "Rome?"

Rome sat up in bed as if struck by lightning. Seeing the man she reached out to the nightstand, fumbling for something that was no longer there. "Looking for this, dear?" The man smiled as he held up Rome's gunbelt, which contained her new beretta and its accessories. "It's a bad habit for an assassin to have, killing potential clients. Especially clients who can make her rich." Rome paused, then noticed Julie's limp body. "The hell did you do to her!?" Rome shouted. The man chuckled. "Nothing to worry about, just a heavy dose of med-x. She'll be awake within 20 minutes. Besides, she's probably having the time of her life right now."

Rome studied the man. He was pale, late 30s at most, way too young to have silver hair. It must be dyed. His hair was clean cut and the suit was absolutely spotless, although its odd fit suggested he was wearing body armor underneath it, recon armor judging by the odd way the shoulders stuck out. His voice was elegant yet sinister, like a stiletto dagger wrapped in silk. He had obviously killed before, and was quite good at it. Rome sat on the edge of the bed. "What the f*** do you want, *** hole?"

The man grinned at the insult. "Call me Wraith. The organization I represent has persons in the Mojave who work against its interests and must be dealt with. The first is a young lady at the 188 who spreads sedition among members of one of our stand-alone cells. She needs to be hushed up. Her name is Veronica." Wraith handed Rome a photograph. "Take her to this location and execute her, preferrably in a...barbaric way. We want her to be an example for the others." He handed Rome a small map of a location in a valley east of Sloan. "The pay will be 5,000 caps." Tossing the gunbelt on the bed, Wraith turned abruptly and dissappeared down the stairs with the same swiftness and silence as when he had entered.
---
--- You know the second nuclear apocalypse is on its way when you meet a friendly person wearing power armor. ---
#76DRAGON07891230Posted 4/23/2012 4:37:50 PM
Pointless bump...or is it...
---
Violence isn't the answer...It's the question. And the answer is YES!
#77jakezing33Posted 4/23/2012 4:49:17 PM
it seems unfair you keep giving quinton the longer update :P
---
Currently Playing: Europa Universalis III, Final Fantasy XIII-2 & Chrono Trigger DS
Xbox: Ssteiner209 | Steam: jakezing
#78AverageAverage(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2012 6:31:38 PM
jakezing33 posted...

I know, but he was rightfully first.

And lets not forget some of the beefy contracts I've cooked up pour vous in the past ha.
---
#79jakezing33Posted 4/23/2012 7:04:51 PM
AverageAverage posted...
jakezing33 posted...

I know, but he was rightfully first.

And lets not forget some of the beefy contracts I've cooked up pour vous in the past ha.

>.>

those mean NOTHING

:3
---
Currently Playing: Europa Universalis III, Final Fantasy XIII-2 & Chrono Trigger DS
Xbox: Ssteiner209 | Steam: jakezing
#80Kcrone1988Posted 4/25/2012 9:10:20 AM
I have read all of your posts and am really impressed, well written and genuinely entertaining. Please keep up the good work. Also noticed not so many pictures anymore would be nice to see 'Romes World'
---
Horses - Dangerous at both ends crafty in the middle!
Not removing this tag till the Eagles win a SB! (started 26/01/12)