Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition question.

#1buccomaticPosted 4/11/2012 1:02:47 PM

I'm playing fallout 3 right now and it's probably the best game i've played on this gen systems IMO.

So I'm starting to think ahead and am considering buying the Fallout: New Vegas - Ultiame Edition but am worried about reports of the game being so buggy that it's not playable...

Can anyone tell me if this is true or not? I 'm having trouble deciphering fact from fiction on this topic while reading various forums across the internet. I have heard the game is patched but some say it wasn't a good patch and it's still buggy and I have heard that the Ultimate Edition has the patch and was wondering if that's the direction I should go?

I can get F:NV-UE for a great price brand new. Should I go for it? What's up withh the patch and the bugs from the original release? Anyone, please Help!!!

I want to buy this game (really bad) but I don't want a game that is riddled with bugs so bad that it can't be enjoyed

#2RikiazPosted 4/11/2012 1:04:12 PM
The game was patched multiple times but now it is quite stable. You should still save quite often if you do get it though.
---
In death lays ecstasy, in undeath lays immortality
#3RunitePosted 4/11/2012 1:06:43 PM
It's relatively stable, but I still get a crash every few hours. Keep the autosave on, or manually save often.

The autosave causes some crashes, but I think it's less annoying than having to hard-save constantly. But remember to hard save every now and again too, because some crashes will corrupt your autosave.
#4stapler87Posted 4/11/2012 1:11:41 PM
It's still a bit buggy, but in no way unplayable.
---
"How come when its us, its an abortion, and when its a chicken, its an omelet?" - George Carlin
#5grand_kaizerPosted 4/12/2012 12:14:41 AM
It still has bugs, but you're playing Fallout 3 aren't you? Well New Vegas with all the patches is, in my experience, more stable than Fallout 3 GOTY Edition. Some people will dispute that, and that's probably because everyone notices or experiences glitches differently.

Yeah, there's still the potential to have some game-breakingly bad bug come and curbstomp your save, but you have to have triple-digit hours logged before that kind of data corruption even begins to occur, and it's a minority deal without a doubt, just that the people who have it happen are louder than anyone else about how much it pisses them off.

So I'd strongly recommend picking it up. It's a thoroughly enjoyable game, and in my personal opinion it's better than Fallout 3, especially with all the extra content.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/959557-fallout-new-vegas/60421043
You don't have to be a fan of Fallout, just a fan of a decent read.
#6buccomatic(Topic Creator)Posted 4/12/2012 3:03:16 PM

wow! that's great news!

tysvm everyone! 

ps- @ kaizer i have had 3 freezes and one crash in fallout 3 and they all seemed to have happened in one area or part of the game. none since then. so if you're saying that fallout new vegas is less buggy than that im all in!

YES!

thanks again. i'm totaly psyched now! whoohoo! :)

ok then, off to order the game i go!!!! 

#7stapler87Posted 4/13/2012 5:22:09 AM
buccomatic posted...
ps- @ kaizer i have had 3 freezes and one crash in fallout 3 and they all seemed to have happened in one area or part of the game. none since then. so if you're saying that fallout new vegas is less buggy than that im all in!

I'd also have to agree that the fully patched New Vegas runs better than the fully patched F3. The framerate and performance just feel a bit more stable.
---
"How come when its us, its an abortion, and when its a chicken, its an omelet?" - George Carlin
#8dentid4hedPosted 4/13/2012 6:06:32 AM
This game is worth it. Just remember to turn off auto-saves, and instead of hitting "Continue" to load your last save, remember to go to "Load" and choose your save from there.

Those are the two most common bugs in my personal experience; the forever loading screens experienced by not doing the above.
---
If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
G/T: clayman80
#9hk7111Posted 4/13/2012 6:10:25 AM
dentid4hed posted...
This game is worth it. Just remember to turn off auto-saves, and instead of hitting "Continue" to load your last save, remember to go to "Load" and choose your save from there.

Those are the two most common bugs in my personal experience; the forever loading screens experienced by not doing the above.

I can say i have never had those happen and i use auto-save and Continue
---
To be left blank...Oh wait
#10grand_kaizerPosted 4/13/2012 6:54:18 AM
Me too. The apparent increase in problems it causes hasn't effected me by any great measure, and in any game with an auto-save feature I simply ignore actually saving unless I'm right in front of a dramatic moment I might want to replay/redo, and if anything that's been more useful because I'm never losing more than 10 minutes of gameplay time thanks to auto-save on transition.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/959557-fallout-new-vegas/60421043
You don't have to be a fan of Fallout, just a fan of a decent read.