Max character?

#1solidnsnakePosted 4/23/2012 7:14:39 PM
I looked threw the topics and couldnt find an answer that includes the dlc. Is it possible to get a character with max special and skills . If so how ? I plan on restarting so details are good
#2RunitePosted 4/23/2012 7:37:17 PM
No.
#3atomsteelePosted 4/23/2012 7:52:06 PM
If you have all four dlc its really easy as the level cap will be raised to 50 from 30. If you don't its pretty difficult if not impossible to raise all of the special and stats to 100. The fallout wiki will have info and locations of exploits and builds.
You should definitely plan on taking the intense training perk several times to max your specials. You will also need to take Educated as early as possible and Comprehension before using any skill books. You will also want to push your endurance as high as you can to allow for Dr. Usanagis implants.
I have found it unnecessary to max every skill and perk as the game becomes a cake walk no matter what your build unless you nerf something obvious (like guns if you are a gun build!) If you build a character that suits your style you will have extra skill points that you end up just putting in a "dump" skill you hardly use or want. Ultimately the easiest way to be sure you can max out is to have all four DLC.
#4RunitePosted 4/23/2012 8:38:04 PM
Excuse me?

You start with 45 SPECIAL points. All ten available ranks of Intense Training gets you to 55. Add implants for 62. Lonesome Road gives you one more, that's 63.

You need 70 points to max your SPECIAL.
#5LiquidGearSolidPosted 4/23/2012 9:00:08 PM
On my ultimate build with all DLC available I took advantage of various perks, implants and equipment bonuses but the closest I could get with the equipment I wanted to use was:

STR: 10
PER: 10
END: 10
CHR: 2
INT: 10
AGL:10
LCK: 10

I could've used one more rank of Intense Training but I couldn't see putting 1 more point into CHR so I saved the perk slot for something more useful.

When I finish my skill book hunt all of my stats will be at 100 as well.

P.S. I read just recently on the wiki that there's a Sierra Madre Vending Machine glitch that gives you infinite AGL points. If you wear AGL-boosting pre-war clothing while you trade it in to the machine the garment will be removed but you'll keep the AGL bonus and it stacks. I'll have to see if I can max a build using it.
---
--- You know the second nuclear apocalypse is on its way when you meet a friendly person wearing power armor. ---
#6solidnsnake(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2012 9:06:25 PM
LiquidGearSolid posted...
On my ultimate build with all DLC available I took advantage of various perks, implants and equipment bonuses but the closest I could get with the equipment I wanted to use was:

STR: 10
PER: 10
END: 10
CHR: 2
INT: 10
AGL:10
LCK: 10

I could've used one more rank of Intense Training but I couldn't see putting 1 more point into CHR so I saved the perk slot for something more useful.

When I finish my skill book hunt all of my stats will be at 100 as well.

P.S. I read just recently on the wiki that there's a Sierra Madre Vending Machine glitch that gives you infinite AGL points. If you wear AGL-boosting pre-war clothing while you trade it in to the machine the garment will be removed but you'll keep the AGL bonus and it stacks. I'll have to see if I can max a build using it.

If you could that be great
#7RunitePosted 4/23/2012 9:18:02 PM
If you're using equipment bonuses, it's pretty trivial even without the vending machine glitch.

63 base points, 65 with Spineless. So we need five points' worth of non-conflicting equipment.

Lucky Shades give 4 points with Four Eyes, then throw on the 1st Recon Beret and you've got your 5 points.

S 7 + 1 + 2 (implant and Spineless)
P 6 + 1 + 3 + 1 (implant and Lucky Shades with Four-Eyes and 1st Recon Beret)
E 9 + 1 (implant)
C 1 + 1 + 8 (implant and Intense Trainings)
I 9 + 1 (implant)
A 7 + 1 + 1 + 1 (implant and Small Frame and Lonesome Road)
L 6 + 1 + 1 + 2 (implant and Lucky Shades and Intense Trainings)
#8RunitePosted 4/23/2012 9:20:44 PM(edited)
Note that if you use the above build, you've still got your torso slot free. You could use some pre-war clothing for +1 AGI and +1 EN, which would be rather pointless, or you could use remnants power armor for no-strings-attached +1 STR. That would let you go 6 base STR, 8 base AGI. Doing it that way, you wouldn't need to tie up a trait slot with Small Frame.

I can't think of a way around using Four Eyes, though; the three points of Perception you get from Four Eyes Lucky Shades seems critical to me. You could get around it by stacking various perks that, conditionally, give SPECIAL bonuses - but that's not really the same as having your character be truly maxed any more than using chems would be.
#9Otacon305Posted 4/23/2012 9:22:44 PM
Maxing all skills is great, but maxing SPECIAL is going a bit overboard, especially with the several perk slots you'd have to waste on Intense Training. Now if Obsidian hadn't screwed us over, and had given us Almost Perfect, I'd be more incline to go for it, but as it is, the multiple perks wasted on Intense Training would be better spent elsewhere.
---
Neither enemy nor friend...
#10RunitePosted 4/24/2012 12:01:46 AM
Agreed.

The only reason I'd go for that degree of Intense Training (or any Intense Training at all, really) is role-play reasons. There's something to be said, story-wise, for slowly working one's way up to physical and intellectual perfection as the plot swells.