I really wish they had some of Obsidian's Writers for FO4's story

#1TheCallofOrionPosted 5/6/2012 8:00:03 AM
Seeing as they did an excellent job on FNV's story. Ideally, it would be best if:

Obsidian did the story/RPG elements

Bethesda did mechanics and other stuff (along with the stuff added in NV)
---
Forever TWSSted
http://i.imgur.com/JbK0T.jpg http://i.imgur.com/XxS4N.jpg http://i.imgur.com/J9VJ4.jpg
#2ramseanPosted 5/6/2012 8:33:09 AM
They should just let obsidian develop it and just give them a reasonable amount of time to finish it. The dlc in new vegas was excellent due to them not having ludacris time constraints imposed upon them. If new vegas had been delayed it would have been a much better experience.
---
Best games: Metroid Prime, Killer7, Enslaved, FFX
Best bands: Skindred, InMe, QOTSA, The Libertines
#3zotobomPosted 5/6/2012 10:50:58 AM
ramsean posted...
They should just let obsidian develop it and just give them a reasonable amount of time to finish it. The dlc in new vegas was excellent due to them not having ludacris time constraints imposed upon them. If new vegas had been delayed it would have been a much better experience.

This. So much this.
---
Sent from my iPad via PowerFAQs 1.9
#4NateRose89Posted 5/7/2012 8:24:11 AM
ramsean posted...

I wish I could rep this post!
---
Nothing makes me more angry than people who think that Superman could take out Goku.
#5Otacon305Posted 5/7/2012 8:38:49 AM
Eh, I'm not a fan of their over-balancing and inability to create a world that's vast and fun to explore, but other than that they did a decent job with NV.
---
Neither enemy nor friend...
#6Freedan the EternalPosted 5/7/2012 1:19:13 PM
Easy solution: Bethesda makes the map, and fills it with all their little dungeons to their heart's content, then Obsidian gets to populate it with characters, quests, and the main plot. Best of both worlds.

Won't ever happen, though.
---
Of course she flew through the air! You can see it right there! Whooooooooosh! - Phoenix Wright
#7ramseanPosted 5/7/2012 1:43:51 PM
Have bethesda ever created an interesting character, I mean they even managed to make jean luc picard, liam neeson and sean bean dull.
---
Best games: Metroid Prime, Killer7, Enslaved, FFX
Best bands: Skindred, InMe, QOTSA, The Libertines
#8MattheauPosted 5/8/2012 3:31:14 AM
Freedan the Eternal posted...
Easy solution: Bethesda makes the map, and fills it with all their little dungeons to their heart's content,

You mean the same three dungeons repeated 200 times?
#9Ajd_KingPosted 5/8/2012 7:28:55 AM
You know, once I would've said that Bethesda should handle the map and the dungeons, whilst Obsidian does everything else, but I'm losing faith in Bethesda's ability to actually make the game world itself now. Skyrim dungeons consist of about 6 parts, and they just rearrange them into a different order each time. Sure, there are a few unique ones, but most of the time it's the same dungeon with the same generic loot and the same puzzles, etc.

At the moment I'm of the mindset that Bethesda should just give Obsidian 3/4 years to make a fully fleshed out F4 whilst Bethesda itself sticks to making Elder Scrolls games.
---
"F*** you, and your eyebrows!"
#10mobile_jukesterPosted 5/8/2012 7:53:34 AM
lol fanboys
---
Let's go Red Sox!
jukester