NCR Secret Agent RP Build

#1brianmcreyPosted 11/19/2012 8:31:38 PM
So I saw Skyfall last weekend, and now I really want to make this build. I'm not sure what i'm going to do in regards to SPECIAL, any companions i would use, or a base. Probably going to keep a silenced sniper with me, and either Maria/ALSiD as a sidearm. If you have any advice/tips, please let me know! Thanks in advance.
---
//NVBM//
#2BhelliumPosted 11/19/2012 9:38:28 PM(edited)
1: Be good at everything
2: Work for the NCR, but infiltrate the Legion first

Special wise you'll want to prioritize Intelligence, Charisma (for the RP but you've got so many priorities you can just leave at 5-6), and Luck (secret agents who CAN'T win at Blackjack?).

Endurance as well, that guy can take a beating and needs no sleep. Strength is nice and a part of the character but not really a thematic focus, same with Agility, though you need ~6-8 eventually for the stealth and crit perks. You can probably get by with 4-5 at creation though, make up the rest with Intensive Training and implants. Perception is in the same category as the others, just do what feels right, you'll want at least 6 eventually though.

I don't think starting traits really matter, though you'll want to grab at least one of the seduction perks.

Companions: Veronica or Cass. Obvious, really. No secret agent is complete without the pretty girl. Or guy, in the spirit of fairness, Arcade's a good choice for that but Boone not so much, imo. ED-E definitely, fits into the super-tech category, Rex makes too much noise walking.

Tags: Speech, Stealth, Guns. Everything should be high eventually, but you'll want to focus on Lockpicking/Science at first.

Gear: Suits in town, especially the Tuxes and high-quality stuff. Light/stealth armor otherwise, the sleeker the better. Chinese stealth armor in't quite "Bond" enough, but the Assassin suit from Dead Money fits the concept very well imo.
---
P&L: Deal w/it
Cookie if you get the reference
#3Read_this_postPosted 11/19/2012 10:29:12 PM
Viva Las Vegas and the Lucky Shades should be worn at all times.
---
What are you doing?!
#4LiquidGearSolidPosted 11/19/2012 11:02:51 PM(edited)
If you have Dead Money, run through it and get the Assassin Suit and both Vera's Outfits. Then get Cass as your companion. She's the only woman who will wear Vera's Outfit. Give her one, and keep the other for yourself. The dress turns into a very nice tux when worn by a man. Use the Assassin Suit during missions. You're now all set for appearances, Except for Cass' hat. Find her something more stylish if you can.

If you want two companions, I guess ED-E would work as some kind of "Q gadget".

For Special, you'll want good PER, CHR, AGL, INT, and Luck. All of those have RP applications for a Bond-type agent. Maybe use STR and END as dump stats?

As far as bases go, only the Lucky 38 or The Sink really fit the secret agent RP.
---
--- "SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!!!" - Liquid Snake, MGS1 ((NVBM)) ---
#5The_404sPosted 11/20/2012 1:03:13 PM
LiquidGearSolid posted...
Except for Cass' hat. Find her something more stylish if you can..

I thought everyone knew about this exploit already, but I'll explain it now.

How to get Cass's (and Veronica's) hat off.

Get a Ballcap w/Glasses
Get sunglasses or eyeglasses
Trade your companion the Ballcap w/Glasses
Exit trade
Trade them the sunglasses or eyeglasses
They'll report both hats and wear only the glasses.

Been doing this since the release days, and those were some dark times.
#6brianmcrey(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 4:20:11 PM
Special-I don't think i'll have too much trouble getting all my SPECIAL relatively high. Strength + Endurance will be lower to start, but i can get the +2 to strength from OWB. I have all DLCs, so i'll have enough perk space to spend some on intense training if needed. INT and Luck will probably be my two highest.

Companions-i'll probably go with cass + the hat glitch. i'm thinking of having Arcade be my Q.

Skills-With high INT and 50 levels, i'll have no problem getting a lot of my skills high. Going to tag guns, sneak, and speech and also focus mainly and lockpick and science. i'm thinking that i should have unarmed higher than melee.

Armor-Going to go with formal wear/vera's outfit when i'm doing non primarily combat quests, and the assassin's suit when i'm on combat missions
---
//NVBM//
#7LiquidGearSolidPosted 11/23/2012 10:57:13 PM
The_404s posted...
I thought everyone knew about this exploit already, but I'll explain it now.

How to get Cass's (and Veronica's) hat off.

Get a Ballcap w/Glasses
Get sunglasses or eyeglasses
Trade your companion the Ballcap w/Glasses
Exit trade
Trade them the sunglasses or eyeglasses
They'll report both hats and wear only the glasses.

Been doing this since the release days, and those were some dark times.

First I've ever heard about it, thank you. :)
---
--- "SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!!!" - Liquid Snake, MGS1 ((NVBM)) ---