Can I max all stats to 100 with dlc?

#1DavidZ2844Posted 12/23/2012 11:42:43 AM
If I take the educated perk as early as possible, can I max all my stats to 100 by level 50, without magazines/books/apparel? I also don't want to rely on apparel because I change my appearance constantly, and I don't like to constantly use magazines as I'd rather just have the stats without boosts. I'm willing to look for a few skill books, I just don't want to rely on them too much. I know a lot of people are gonna say to specialize and that I don't need to do it, but my OCD just wants maxed stats haha. I went out of the way to max everything in FO3, and I'm a bit bummed out that I can't have all 10 in special(unless you can?).
#2Otacon305Posted 12/23/2012 11:48:06 AM
No way to max out SPECIAL, but you can max all skills with the DLCs, and various combinations of traits, perks, and skill books.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout:_New_Vegas_skills#Maxed_skills
---
Neither enemy nor friend...
#3DavidZ2844(Topic Creator)Posted 12/23/2012 3:12:03 PM
That article was extremely confusing. It kept contradicting itself and telling me it got easier with "simple variations" while changing them as the article went on :/
#4jackstar_rockPosted 12/23/2012 3:41:38 PM(edited)
You can max all 13 skills to 100 with a level 50 cap. If you don't want to hunt down every skill book in vanilla and their respective DLCs, you might be able to reach it if your Int is modest.

My current Courier took Comprehension (for an extra 5% critical hit chance from True Police Stories), and at level 32 + all skill books in vanilla + Honest Hearts + Dead Money, he has high 80s in most skills and some are over 90. Add in another 3 from Old World Blues and an additional 13 that can be crafted + Lonesome Road's skill books, he will hit 100 in all skills before 40. ^

edit: Current toon's Int is at 6(7) for Voracious Reader.
#5tri sapphirePosted 12/23/2012 3:45:46 PM(edited)
That's because it is rather complicated and involves some number crunching depending on your special, how many skill books you're willing to go after, if you take Comprehension or Educated, and how many times you take the Skilled trait (you can take it at start, at rebuild when you leave Goodsprings, and rebuild once in OWB; each time is equivalent to about 21 books without Comprehension, or 16 books with Comprehension).

For comparison, on my most recent character, I only took Skilled once, had 8 Intelligence with the implant before level 2, and took only Comprehension. I already found enough books to max all my skills at 50, and there are still 30 more books available, not counting the random ones in HH, since those are rather annoying to go after.
---
"If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to be destroyed...I must simply laugh!!."- Magus
#6NimociousPosted 12/30/2012 6:33:14 PM
If you are willing to get every skill book for the corresponding skill, you'll just need to end up with these by level 50 (Which is pretty much going to happen if you have at least 3/4 INT)

Barter - 79
Energy Weapons - 79
Explosives - 79
Guns - 79
Lockpick - 79
Medicine - 79
Melee Weapons - 79
Repair - 79
Science - 73
Sneak - 76
Speech - 79
Survival- 82
Unarmed - 79

If you take the Comprehension perk, the base skills are a few points lower than these.
---
PSN- SirPsychoFunky
#7Otacon305Posted 12/30/2012 7:14:39 PM
Nimocious posted...
If you are willing to get every skill book for the corresponding skill, you'll just need to end up with these by level 50 (Which is pretty much going to happen if you have at least 3/4 INT)

Barter - 79
Energy Weapons - 79
Explosives - 79
Guns - 79
Lockpick - 79
Medicine - 79
Melee Weapons - 79
Repair - 79
Science - 73
Sneak - 76
Speech - 79
Survival- 82
Unarmed - 79

If you take the Comprehension perk, the base skills are a few points lower than these.

Is this taking into account the skill books that are glitched and unobtainable except on the PC version?
---
#8NimociousPosted 12/31/2012 6:56:41 AM
Otacon305 posted...
Nimocious posted...

Barter - 79
Energy Weapons - 79
Explosives - 79
Guns - 79
Lockpick - 79
Medicine - 79
Melee Weapons - 79
Repair - 79
Science - 73
Sneak - 76
Speech - 79
Survival- 82
Unarmed - 79

Is this taking into account the skill books that are glitched and unobtainable except on the PC version?

Yep. Well the explosives book in DM is obtainable but it requires a little patience to get ^_^. OWB actually has 3 Sneak skill books so that covers the one for LR (plus an extra!), which I've never actually gotten :(. Science, you'll need to talk to the scientist in the quest "That Lucky Old Sun" at Helios One for that book. Survival has 1 book less than most of the other skills, hence the 82. However, I did not factor in the random books you may get from the Workcrates in HH, well because they're random. Hope this helps, cheers!
---
PSN- SirPsychoFunky
#9Otacon305Posted 12/31/2012 12:58:58 PM
Nimocious posted...
Yep. Well the explosives book in DM is obtainable but it requires a little patience to get ^_^. OWB actually has 3 Sneak skill books so that covers the one for LR (plus an extra!), which I've never actually gotten :(. Science, you'll need to talk to the scientist in the quest "That Lucky Old Sun" at Helios One for that book. Survival has 1 book less than most of the other skills, hence the 82. However, I did not factor in the random books you may get from the Workcrates in HH, well because they're random. Hope this helps, cheers!

Well, to get that Big Book of Science from Ignacio Rvias in That Lucky Old Sun, you have to pass on being able to use Euclid's C-finder.
---
#10NimociousPosted 12/31/2012 2:10:43 PM
Otacon305 posted...
Nimocious posted...

Well, to get that Big Book of Science from Ignacio Rvias in That Lucky Old Sun, you have to pass on being able to use Euclid's C-finder.

True, but that weapon is pretty limiting in itself. Only being able to use it once every 24 hours and only using it outside is pretty dull. But it is a pretty cool weapon. I wish that infinite Ammo glitch for the weapon wasn't patched lol
---
PSN- SirPsychoFunky