New info about Fallout 4

#1SNESdude11Posted 1/11/2013 4:06:45 PM
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Fallout-4-Boston-Setting-Skyrim-Skill-System-51312.html

Not certain if legit or not, but it seems so.
#2SpiduxLimitlessPosted 1/11/2013 4:26:17 PM
Fallout 4 will be set in Boston, according to a Reddit tipster. He also adds that the game will be influenced by Bethesda's most recent RPG, Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

The Boston setting was also rumored back in August by another Reddit user. Today's tipster, who supposedly got his information from a source at Bethesda's PR department, also reiterates that the Institute will be a major faction in Boston. The Institute, created by remnants of Massachusetts Institute of Technology, now specializes in creating Androids.

Oh hell yeah! I've been wanting to see the great north eastern portion of the US since the storyline involving the android in FO3. Hell yeah.

These Androids are an important part of the game's plot according to the new tipster. The Plantation is a group that forces them to farm in order to supply humans with foods. The Railroad, a faction introduced in Fallout 3 who tries to free these replicants, will make a return.

These new factions will have more of a presence than the Super Mutants and Brotherhood of Steel. Apparently Bethesda wants to avoid overusing those two groups. As such, they won't be a big part of F4.

I never had a problem with BoS or Super Mutants but I'm sure this will make others happy.

Bethesda is apparently adding another post-apocalyptic race to the mix. This new race will be inspired by H.P. Lovecraft fiction. The way the rumor is worded, this will be a sentient race rather than just a new group of monsters. I don't doubt we'd see a Lovecraftian monster or two, though.

New species? That couldn't hurt.

The progression system from Fallout 4 may be closer to Skyrim, in that you level up specific skills by using them. However, Bethesda is treading a fine line here because they don't want the game to be too similar to Skyrim. Does that mean they're keeping perks, then?

Honestly I never understood why Fallout was never like this before.
---
They call me Spoke Wrecker...
Thizz iz what it iz GT-Spidux
#3Basil_EvenstarPosted 1/11/2013 6:56:20 PM
I don't see any actual proof, just more hearsay.
#4Ajd_KingPosted 1/11/2013 8:03:23 PM
Kind of hope this is true. It's pretty much what I wanted from a Bethesda Fallout, they're creating their own lore and factions, rather than making WC groups the focus.

Although that Lovecraft race makes me think the entire thing is BS, but I guess we'll see.
#5brianmcreyPosted 1/11/2013 8:22:53 PM
best thing about that article for me was less brotherhood of steel
---
//NVBM//
#6xanthan1Posted 1/11/2013 10:05:11 PM
Sounds horrible and like they're forgetting what makes Fallout well Fallout in favor of stupid crap they added in 3 that made 0 sense. Like androids. There is no way they could of made androids. At all. Look at the type of robots they have and tell they could have androids with a straight face.
#7xanthan1Posted 1/11/2013 10:06:59 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#8Ajd_KingPosted 1/12/2013 1:42:40 AM
xanthan1 posted...
Sounds horrible and like they're forgetting what makes Fallout well Fallout in favor of stupid crap they added in 3 that made 0 sense. Like androids. There is no way they could of made androids. At all. Look at the type of robots they have and tell they could have androids with a straight face.

Androids aren't that bad. You could say the same of lobotomites being unrealistic.
#9Sebek1777Posted 1/12/2013 2:32:29 AM
xanthan1 posted...

Very much agreed, androids feel very out of place in Fallout. Also, you'd think people in a post-apocalyptic society have other priorities than fighting for the rights of androids. And why build androids to do farm work, couldn't they just use mr. Handys or something?

I don't want the TES level system either, too much grinding involved. I hope these are just rumors.
#10DuckyhunterPosted 1/12/2013 4:46:19 AM
Only thing that worries me is the vague references to Skyrim. Especially the leveling system.

Everything else is a step in the right direction. The Lovecraftian race has me intrigued.
---
Carolina Panthers and Carolina Hurricanes fan.