Best place to find a laser rifle and ammo in early game?

#1KaBoom1322Posted 3/3/2013 12:34:58 PM
Seems most enemies use guns or melee.
---
You are not entitled to anything in this game.
#2AugmentedMinorPosted 3/3/2013 12:41:01 PM
I just went into the NCR Prison and found a guy with a rifle, and others with pistols. The ammo can be switched around, so you'll have ammo too. However, I recommend being well armed before going in there.
---
"and he shall read in it all the days of his life, that he may learn to fear the LORD his God by keeping all the words of this law and these statutes"
#3KaBoom1322(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2013 12:48:04 PM
You're talking about the powder gangers prison correct?If so it'll be helpful to have the NCR with me.
---
#4AugmentedMinorPosted 3/3/2013 12:50:53 PM
Yea, the Powder Gangers took it over. I found the laser wielding guy in the Admin building, and there's about 6-7 of them in there. I first just sniped all the people I could from the outside, using a night scope I bought from Chet (Arms dealer in Goodsprings) and kept getting a Critical Hit Bonus for being Hidden. Then the first room I went into I used my shotgun. Then with that Admin building, I died a few times, but ended up drawing them outside, hiding, then sniping while receiving a Critical bonus. Took awhile, but the laser rifle and pistols were there.
---
"and he shall read in it all the days of his life, that he may learn to fear the LORD his God by keeping all the words of this law and these statutes"
#5KaBoom1322(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2013 12:58:31 PM
Cheers.I've got the weapon dlc's so i've got a few decent ones.I think that i'll use a stealth boy for crits.
---
#6Grey_Wolf_SifPosted 3/3/2013 1:16:27 PM
Why laser rifle? Just go to silver rush and steal tri beam laser rifle.
#7KaBoom1322(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2013 1:24:46 PM
I'm new to this game.Is tri beam laser rifle good for crit builds?I've heard that fully modded laser rifles are.
---
#8Grey_Wolf_SifPosted 3/3/2013 1:28:06 PM
If you want lot of crits use alien blaster :D
#9KaBoom1322(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2013 1:45:51 PM
Didn't get wild wasteland:/ anyway,i thought that the only ammo you can get for it was really limited.
---
#10AlleRacingPosted 3/3/2013 2:37:08 PM
Why laser rifle? Just go to silver rush and steal tri beam laser rifle.

The regular Laser Rifle is nicer early game because it has lower requirements, it's cheaper, it uses less ammo, and it has a much lower spread. Despite all this, it keeps up to the Tri-beam in damage output when upgraded. It's an absolutely solid weapon early and even late game.
---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg