Brotherhood of steel

#1pyrojuggalo0066Posted 7/4/2013 8:45:27 PM
I wanna know if there's a way the Brotherhood survives the end war.if so is.it Legion NCR Independent or House?which elder?I've yet to obtain power armor but is the 50 strongest of the power armor?is Veronica the only who can equip it?I'm a newb sorry for the excessive questions
#2DEV1ANTGAMERPosted 7/4/2013 9:16:58 PM
The only way the Brotherhood survives is if you side with the NCR or go Independent and ignore them entirely (not sure on this one, Yes Man MAY have you kill them). You need to be Idolized by the NCR and Liked or better by the Brotherhood, and when doing the brotherhood's quest you HAVE to leave Mcnamara (the current leader) as the one in charge instead of replacing him with the other guy (Hardin I think his name was). Legion and House FORCE you to wipe them out.

Anyway, do all the Brotherhood's side quests, get a good rep with the NCR, then towards the end game you can use your political sway to convince one of the NCR leaders to form a truce with the Brotherhood, this actually loses you some NCR reputation (and maybe some karma) but it shouldn't be enough to drop you out of Idolized if you've been doing lots of other good for the NCR. They're hesitant about the idea and dislike it (which is why you lose reputation) but the ending actually works out OK if you do it this way.
#3pyrojuggalo0066(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2013 9:22:17 PM
DEV1ANTGAMER posted...
The only way the Brotherhood survives is if you side with the NCR or go Independent and ignore them entirely (not sure on this one, Yes Man MAY have you kill them). You need to be Idolized by the NCR and Liked or better by the Brotherhood, and when doing the brotherhood's quest you HAVE to leave Mcnamara (the current leader) as the one in charge instead of replacing him with the other guy (Hardin I think his name was). Legion and House FORCE you to wipe them out.

Anyway, do all the Brotherhood's side quests, get a good rep with the NCR, then towards the end game you can use your political sway to convince one of the NCR leaders to form a truce with the Brotherhood, this actually loses you some NCR reputation (and maybe some karma) but it shouldn't be enough to drop you out of Idolized if you've been doing lots of other good for the NCR. They're hesitant about the idea and dislike it (which is why you lose reputation) but the ending actually works out OK if you do it this way.

Informative but just asking is the t45 stronger or is the 50 talking power armor btw and is Veronica the only companion who can equip power armor?and yes it's Hardin...giggidy
#4belisar6Posted 7/5/2013 5:53:23 AM
The T51b power armor is better than the T45d in most respects. The T45d does have an extra +1 Strength, at the cost of -2 Agility, so it might be useful for a melee/unarmed-only character.

Arcade can also wear power armor, as long as it's not the Brotherhood faction armor.
---
We were going full speed ahead... but facing backwards the whole time.
#5HatchetHoundPosted 7/5/2013 2:13:54 PM
Remnant Power Armor(or Advanced Power Armor) is the best Power Armor. Or Gannon Family Tesla Armor.
---
"Mistakes are just a part of learning. You donít become an Expert At Bandit Extermination without accidentally offing a few farmers, for instance."
#6RikashiPosted 7/5/2013 3:02:50 PM
Like said before, going Yes Man or NCR is the only way to keep the Brotherhood alive. For the NCR route, you have to keep the current leader McNamara in charge. Yes Man doesn't care much about what you do, so it's up to you what to do in that playthrough.

Interestingly enough, the developers originally intended for House to leave the Brotherhood alone if you could convince him to do so. There is still some code left in the game that can be restored with mods if you're playing the PC version. I guess they changed it to make the choice of factions a bit more important, as well as adding some incentive to choosing Yes Man over House.
---
Animal Crossing: New Leaf FC 0473-9185-1258
The ruling king that sees in another his equivalent rules nothing. - Vivec
#7nagacornPosted 7/5/2013 3:21:24 PM
Pretty sure all your followers that can wear armor can wear power armor, but Veronica is the only one that can wear BOS faction armor, which is much easier to find.
#8Deadbeat_AudioPosted 7/5/2013 3:45:29 PM
Also it is very obvious that the NCR route is canon so there is a chance that the brotherhood will survive.
#9DEV1ANTGAMERPosted 7/5/2013 5:39:31 PM
Deadbeat_Audio posted...
Also it is very obvious that the NCR route is canon so there is a chance that the brotherhood will survive.

IMO House feels the most "cannon"... perhaps because he's simply the easiest main quest to complete. Like... if you're not paying attention and stuff and just just do the whole game going from most immediate quest marker to immediate quest marker, House is the one you end up with. And to be fair, your character is just a courier anyway. Them helping House out by sheer virtue of the delivery being part of their JOB seems a more likely scenario in my head than them randomly choosing to be some great martyr for Independence... like really, why does your character even CARE about the Mojave? They're not from the Mojave.

Lets Comapare:
-NCR: Helping the NCR seems sorta likely if your character is an NCR citizen... but at the same time, meh... if you're an NCR citizen and you wanted to help your country so badly, you may as well have just joined the army or tried to become a Ranger in the first place instead of being a Courier. The transition from simple Courier to "oh hey, I'm gonna waltz down to the nearest army base and ask if theres anything I can do that their own soldiers can't already do" is kind of jarring and awkward... not to mention that you abandon your courier job and kill your employer later on.

-Independent: What is Vegas without House or any of the other factions? Basically it's a bunch of squatters that can't accomplish anything, Outer Vegas shows this. This options fails for every reason the NCR one does and then some. If this is canon it's basically gonna last... maybe 5 years at most till the robots break down and factions make grabs for the territory again. MAYBE it would have worked if Benny survived because he had learned a bit from House about how to run things, but it feels off for the Courier to do that.

-Legion: Yeah, I can canonically see my character doing this. "Oh hey, forget being a Courier, I'm gonna rnadomly decide to go sweat in the hot sun hitting stuff with lawmower blades and shunning medicine, technology, and even basic human rights. Hells yeah!"
From the outside looking in, there is no reason to join the Legion short of being a captured slave or a bloodthirsty maniac. Admittedly there's no much backstory about the Courier in the game itself, but I think we can safely assume the second is at least not intended canon.

House: Oh hey, it's that guy who hired you to do a job... you know... like you've supposedly been doing for a good few years before the game even starts. Sure you get shot in the head and your package is stole, but thats a risk of the job, and d*mnit maybe you have a good reputation and feel like doing everything in my power to finish the job.
Admittedly your motivations get a little weaker after you bring the chip back, but hey, this guy is gonna pay you for more work and you know he's good for it. Unlike the NCR he knows what you want, he gave you money and a cool room, not some dinky trophy or commendation like the NCR. He has access to old-world wonders like you've never seen and actually seems to value your assistance. A job is a job and this is a d*mn good one.
Sure he asks me to brutally wipe out the Brotherhood of Steel... but considering those jerks did strip me and strap a bomb to my neck then make me go talk to an NCR ranger in my underwear... yeah... I kinda don't feel too bad about that part.
#10Deadbeat_AudioPosted 7/5/2013 6:15:13 PM
DEV1ANTGAMER posted...
Deadbeat_Audio posted...

tl;dr

Play lonesome road
That DLC assumed you were NCR