Does Rapid Reload work with the DLC weapons?

#1RPGNinja123Posted 7/25/2013 7:52:46 PM
I am wondering if its like Grunt and the perk doesn't really work with the DLC weapons because of the way the game is coded.
---
3DS FC- 0232-8140-1787(send PM if u add) RPGs are the best genre.
#2FreeMan5407Posted 7/25/2013 7:57:13 PM
RPGNinja123 posted...
I am wondering if its like Grunt and the perk doesn't really work with the DLC weapons because of the way the game is coded.

yes it work, rapid reload is in the vanilla game big difference, while grunt is from a DLC
#3RPGNinja123(Topic Creator)Posted 7/25/2013 9:55:07 PM
FreeMan5407 posted...
RPGNinja123 posted...

yes it work, rapid reload is in the vanilla game big difference, while grunt is from a DLC

Ah that makes sense thanks alot.
---
3DS FC- 0232-8140-1787(send PM if u add) RPGs are the best genre.
#4LancetJades(Moderator)Posted 7/25/2013 11:38:37 PM
Main game stuff SHOULD always work with DLC stuff as well. The only real issue that comes up is when the DLC stuff needs to be added specifically to white/blacklists for the main game (such as the Courier's Stash shotgun not working with Shotgun Surgeon, which has a whitelist of valid items that it affects).

That's the problem with Grunt, in that it is a whitelist that, due to being DLC, other DLC cannot have their items added to. I actually think its issue is more the exception than the rule, since things like Light Touch (from Dead Money) will work even with DLC light armor, because it looks at a parameter (Light armor) that exists in the main game and is simply added to DLC armor. Or something like that. The point is, Grunt doesn't affect other DLCs because its a whitelist that needs specific items added to it, and that's impossible for other DLC's items.
---
Eclipsing power is, at times, not only the instrument of demons, but also of gods.
Lost, but not forgotten.
#5LilyxLightningPosted 7/26/2013 4:38:57 AM
LancetJades posted...
I actually think its issue is more the exception than the rule, since things like Light Touch (from Dead Money) will work even with DLC light armor, because it looks at a parameter (Light armor) that exists in the main game and is simply added to DLC armor.

Light Touch and Tunnel Runner (from Lonesome Road) actually use a list of "bad armour" (items that, when worn, negate the bonuses from "light armour" perks)—there are a rare few non-light armours that aren't on the "bad armour" list and don't negate the bonuses. These perks work with DLC armours only because they use the same "bad armour" list as Travel Light, a perk in the vanilla game.
#6LancetJades(Moderator)Posted 7/26/2013 9:58:14 AM
LilyxLightning posted...
LancetJades posted...
I actually think its issue is more the exception than the rule, since things like Light Touch (from Dead Money) will work even with DLC light armor, because it looks at a parameter (Light armor) that exists in the main game and is simply added to DLC armor.

Light Touch and Tunnel Runner (from Lonesome Road) actually use a list of "bad armour" (items that, when worn, negate the bonuses from "light armour" perks)—there are a rare few non-light armours that aren't on the "bad armour" list and don't negate the bonuses. These perks work with DLC armours only because they use the same "bad armour" list as Travel Light, a perk in the vanilla game.

What non-light armors aren't on the Bad Armor list?
---
Eclipsing power is, at times, not only the instrument of demons, but also of gods.
Lost, but not forgotten.