What's the 'special reward' for completing Hardcore mode?

#1IminyourclosetPosted 10/12/2010 3:36:54 AM
It says you get a reward if you finish the main storyline in this mode.
---
"I think all you gotta do is find that little black kid, and doesn't that start the whole backdoor option?" -WHiTE_LickR
#2CaanimalPosted 10/12/2010 3:40:55 AM
Where does it say this? As far as I've seen the only "reward" is a trophy/achievement for finishing the game w/ Hardcore Mode on... If there is some other reward I doubt they have been said as of yet...
#3Iminyourcloset(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2010 3:42:12 AM
On this video at 0:42:

http://g4tv.com/videos/49213/Fallout-New-Vegas-Special---New-Features/

---
"I think all you gotta do is find that little black kid, and doesn't that start the whole backdoor option?" -WHiTE_LickR
#4MrPinkOfCanadaPosted 10/12/2010 4:09:56 AM
I really hope that's not just referring to the trophy, otherwise that's a bit of a tease.

Nothing special about a trophy reward.

Hardcore mode is it's own reward but I'll take another shiny bauble if it's offered although seeing as there's no post game content I have to wonder what it could possibly be.
#5CaanimalPosted 10/12/2010 4:10:29 AM
"You do get a high value Achievement if you play through on the Hardcore Mode", that's all he said, soooo all you get is a Trophy/Achievement... If there is anything beyond that I haven't a clue, I didn't hear anything mentioned about a "special reward".

I've been busy playing WoW trying to get my character ready for the next expansion (which comes out about 6 weeks after New Vegas :( damn my pocket book hates me w/ all the great game this holiday season) so I missed these new videos posted on G4TV.com, thanks for cluing me in. Some awesome "last minute" info about the game. I can hardly wait...
#6Sagem28Posted 10/12/2010 5:16:54 AM

You get a thumbs up from Vault Boy !

#7MrPinkOfCanadaPosted 10/12/2010 5:18:53 AM
^you have to pause the video during the hardcore tutorial popup in order to see what TC is referring to, the last line says "special reward" for completion of the mode.

but it could just be talking about the achievement/trophy as some people do obsess over them and would consider that special.
#8CaanimalPosted 10/12/2010 5:33:51 AM
Awwww I see said the blind man, thanks for clarifying what the TC was talking about Mr. Pink, I didn't bother to read what was write out about Hardcore Mode because the quality is so cruddy... Hmm won't know until we complete the game on Hardcore Mode now won't we... Hopefully it's more than just a trophy/achievement.
#9MrPinkOfCanadaPosted 10/12/2010 5:46:00 AM
^same, that line is way too much of a tease if it ends up only being yet another trophy
#10RonbemePosted 10/12/2010 10:05:55 AM
Might be something like a Playstation Home outfit/decoration/space or some avatars. Theres some other games that had special hard to get rewards like that. White Knight Chronicles gave you a cool shiny Knight outfit with the platinum trophy and Red Dead Redemption had some PSHome outfit pieces you would get from different accomplishments in the game.