Take ED-E to....where? Gibson Scrapyard question

#1superdementoPosted 10/25/2010 7:37:16 PM
Old Lady Gibson doesn't have any new diologue options when I have Ed-E with me. What is it I'm supposed to do? I just left it there, waiting. It's too noisy to bring with me, but lol I still have the radar perk. That's dumb.
#2TrenchcoatFlashPosted 10/25/2010 7:41:53 PM
"His" sidequest is misleading. See, "progresses" at some points when he's around and a certain topic comes up. It'll open an Enclave audio log that you can listen to. You don't actually have to go to the scrapyard.
---
I'm no one's slave! ~ Lightning FFXIII
Vanille/Fang - Best gay couple in video game history
#3superdemento(Topic Creator)Posted 10/25/2010 7:43:47 PM
Oh...I see. So I can tell him to wait somewhere and not actually have him along with me, yet still have this option open up? I'm just curious about this machine but I really don't need a companion.
#4LB3Posted 10/25/2010 7:45:16 PM
SPOILER WARNING

Take ED-E to the Brotherhood bunker.
#5superdemento(Topic Creator)Posted 10/25/2010 7:50:03 PM
Thanks! I don't like to spoil much in these games but this is helpful. I haven't yet found anything Brotherhood related besides Veronica but I'll keep that in mind for when I do.
#6TwinscrewPosted 10/25/2010 7:52:09 PM
It can also happen somewhat randomly. I fast traveled once and it triggered one of ED-E's audio files. I don't know if this is supposed to happen... this quest was pretty broken for me. Glitches galore.
#7MoonlightJustPosted 10/25/2010 8:40:15 PM
Well, SPOILER ALERT.

You can either take him to the Brotherhood, or you can take him to the Followers in the Mormon Fort. The Brotherhood upgrade his armor, and the Followers upgrade his weapons. For me the trigger converation was with Micahel Angelo, but there are several places. After that, wait for a few days and first the Brotherhood will contact you, then the Followers. ALSO, and this is very important, REMOVE EVERYTHING FIRST. When he comes back all of your stuff is gone.
#8superdementoPosted 10/25/2010 8:45:34 PM
That last part is especially good to know. I like to fill robots full of water, and it would be sad to lose it all.