The strength requirement for weapons.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout: New Vegas
  3. The strength requirement for weapons.
6 years ago#1
Does it really matter that much? I have 100 in guns and I figured the Strength requirement was a big deal. I picked up a LMG that I found, but it seems to have perfectly fine accuracy. I have no problem keeping it on target. DOes it lower VATS accuracy?
The hell does Twilight have to do with Michael Jackson...?
They're kinda opposites when you think about it, young girls obsessing over an older man....-derbomb
6 years ago#2
I don't think it's a big deal unless there is a major disparity in strength, like a 5 point difference.
Lions 1-5*
6 years ago#3
Your skill level affects accuracy so say I have a 15 energy weapon skill and try to use a laser rifle the dang gun will waver back and forth since my skill is lower than 25 which a lr is set at for usage. strength as for as I have seen affects movement speed with the higher strength requirement weapons and effects swing speed for melee/unarmed weapons. Apparently though now agiliy affects movement speed, reload speed and drawing/ holtsering speed so youncan compensate by having a higher agility than strength theoretically which you should if your a gunner anyway. Hope this helps, about 18 hours in at lv. 17 roaming the wasteland befor "Ring-a-Ding Ding" main quest.
6 years ago#4
Where do these requirements show up anyway? I've never seen a message saying "skills required" or anything along the lines.

And I think that guns are only affected by small/big guns/energy weapons skills, where melee weapons are affected by strength.
Why? Because **** you is why.
6 years ago#5
When you look at the weapon on your Pipboy, there's a space where it shows the required strength to wield it unhindered. It's around the same area it shows the damage, DPS, and ammo. If there's a skill requirement, there will be a picture of the skill (bullets for Guns, lightning bolt for Energy Weapons... ) along with a number showing the skill level needed.
'Nah this is worse. This is like Luke Skywalker being played by Vin Diesel in Empire Strikes Back.'
Wraithlike - on Cole MacGrath's small visual changes
6 years ago#6
You won't see a "skill required" notice anywhere. the purpose of the strength + skill stat is to determine your effectiveness with a type and weight of gun. If you have low strength and choose to use a heavy weapon, you'll likely do less damage and hit less often than if your strength was the appropriate amount. Same with skill.

I have terrible explosive skill so my grenades and whatnot do crap for damage and are way inaccurate.
6 years ago#7
I'm debating on picking the Weapon Training perk at level 22. My Strength is 6 (ALready got the implant) and I love using the LMG and plan on using the ANti-Material Rifle a lot, so I guess I should just grin and bear picking it.
The hell does Twilight have to do with Michael Jackson...?
They're kinda opposites when you think about it, young girls obsessing over an older man....-derbomb
6 years ago#8
What implant is this?
6 years ago#9
Keep in mind that you can always just wear Power Armor. T45-D is +2 str, T51-B and Remnants Armor are +1
Gamer Tag: amaROenuZ
Insert witty signature here
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout: New Vegas
  3. The strength requirement for weapons.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived