The strength requirement for weapons.

#1TheStin789Posted 10/26/2010 1:14:35 PM
Does it really matter that much? I have 100 in guns and I figured the Strength requirement was a big deal. I picked up a LMG that I found, but it seems to have perfectly fine accuracy. I have no problem keeping it on target. DOes it lower VATS accuracy?
---
The hell does Twilight have to do with Michael Jackson...?
They're kinda opposites when you think about it, young girls obsessing over an older man....-derbomb
#2Awesker002Posted 10/26/2010 1:30:45 PM
I don't think it's a big deal unless there is a major disparity in strength, like a 5 point difference.
---
Lions 1-5*
#3otakon2006Posted 10/26/2010 1:31:21 PM
Your skill level affects accuracy so say I have a 15 energy weapon skill and try to use a laser rifle the dang gun will waver back and forth since my skill is lower than 25 which a lr is set at for usage. strength as for as I have seen affects movement speed with the higher strength requirement weapons and effects swing speed for melee/unarmed weapons. Apparently though now agiliy affects movement speed, reload speed and drawing/ holtsering speed so youncan compensate by having a higher agility than strength theoretically which you should if your a gunner anyway. Hope this helps, about 18 hours in at lv. 17 roaming the wasteland befor "Ring-a-Ding Ding" main quest.
#4zyrax2301Posted 10/26/2010 1:33:06 PM
Where do these requirements show up anyway? I've never seen a message saying "skills required" or anything along the lines.

And I think that guns are only affected by small/big guns/energy weapons skills, where melee weapons are affected by strength.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#5QuiotuPosted 10/26/2010 1:38:14 PM
When you look at the weapon on your Pipboy, there's a space where it shows the required strength to wield it unhindered. It's around the same area it shows the damage, DPS, and ammo. If there's a skill requirement, there will be a picture of the skill (bullets for Guns, lightning bolt for Energy Weapons... ) along with a number showing the skill level needed.

---
'Nah this is worse. This is like Luke Skywalker being played by Vin Diesel in Empire Strikes Back.'
Wraithlike - on Cole MacGrath's small visual changes
#6reg190Posted 10/26/2010 1:41:37 PM
You won't see a "skill required" notice anywhere. the purpose of the strength + skill stat is to determine your effectiveness with a type and weight of gun. If you have low strength and choose to use a heavy weapon, you'll likely do less damage and hit less often than if your strength was the appropriate amount. Same with skill.

I have terrible explosive skill so my grenades and whatnot do crap for damage and are way inaccurate.
#7TheStin789(Topic Creator)Posted 10/26/2010 3:48:29 PM
I'm debating on picking the Weapon Training perk at level 22. My Strength is 6 (ALready got the implant) and I love using the LMG and plan on using the ANti-Material Rifle a lot, so I guess I should just grin and bear picking it.
---
The hell does Twilight have to do with Michael Jackson...?
They're kinda opposites when you think about it, young girls obsessing over an older man....-derbomb
#8Royal23Posted 10/28/2010 7:42:35 PM
What implant is this?
#9African_RabiesPosted 10/28/2010 8:01:44 PM
Keep in mind that you can always just wear Power Armor. T45-D is +2 str, T51-B and Remnants Armor are +1
---
Gamer Tag: amaROenuZ
Insert witty signature here