how to save president Kimball

#1capnspaldingPosted 11/5/2010 5:14:43 PM
im in hoover dam and i need to protect the ncr president but he keep getting shot and i dont see anything to do about it
---
No tv and no beer make Homer... someting ...someting
#2Fincky09Posted 11/5/2010 5:18:04 PM
well you could go up to the sniper tower ladder that the ranger is on and wait up there eventually a legion sniper will appear and you'll kill him
---
PSN: Fincky09
I hate campers, always have, always will
#3MrGdatPosted 11/5/2010 5:18:05 PM
try this website, it will tell you near the bottom of page.

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6283195/p-17.html
#4ringogniringoPosted 11/5/2010 6:24:51 PM
If your explosives skill is high enough you can check his vertibird and he will leave.
#5browncmpPosted 11/5/2010 6:26:40 PM
alright you have to disarm the bomb on the helicopter by either searching the helicopter after it lands, or stealing the detonator from the engineer that is up there waiting with you. Second, the sniper is up on the sniper tower right behind the presidents stage. Climb the tower and take him out, not the other NCR guy. If you shoot the sniper from a distance you will be shot by the NCR.

If this is all too complex, wait till the president gets out, and simply fire your gun into the air. You lose a bit of fame but the quest completes.
#6Fourth_BonkuraPosted 11/5/2010 6:29:50 PM
SPOILERS

There are three plots

1. A bomb on the Vertibird
2. A sniper on the tower (he pushes the original sniper off and takes his place)
3. An engineer with a detonator to ... something.

Disarm the bomb, kill the sniper or pick pocket the engineer and tell the guy who's in charge of security about it and he'll end the speech and the president will escape. ...although I suppose if you don't disarm the bomb he'll die anyway.

Or you could disarm the bomb, kill the sniper and then pick the detonator and tell the guy about it after the president has finished the speech. He'll send rangers to take the engineer.
---
Nooooo, I'm fish
*cook myself* -Leo4999
#7Fourth_BonkuraPosted 11/5/2010 6:31:50 PM
If you shoot the sniper from a distance you will be shot by the NCR.

I didn't. But that might either be because I got permission to use guns the day before or was using a suppressed sniper rifle.
---
Nooooo, I'm fish
*cook myself* -Leo4999
#8browncmpPosted 11/5/2010 6:32:50 PM
if you get permission or are not noticed they wont shoot you.
#9Various_NefPosted 11/5/2010 6:38:46 PM
the easist way is wait for the vertibird to appear then pull your gun, quickly put away your gun and the vertibird will fly on without landing, mission done.
---
---"My name is Rowsdower....Zap Rowsdower"~MST3K-The Final Sacrifice-
---PSN-LANCER13
#10PlayMoePosted 11/5/2010 7:05:35 PM
A bomb? Really? I killed only the sniper guy, the enginner was shot by the security and the president survived anyway. So i guess to find the bomb is not really necessary, only the sniper is important. Or is just got lucky! :-D