hacking computers Help!

#1Firehawk030Posted 11/6/2010 4:33:42 PM
I just can't seem to figure out how to hack the computers.
I had this problem i fallout 3 now New Vegas.
I've read the faqs and still have trouble, i'm not dumb or anything, I'm 44, it's just that i'm confused on how to do this.
Does anyone know if there is a video tutorial somewhere that i can't watch to explain this or a more dumbed down faqs version to help me understand this.
Any help is appriciated.
Thanks
---
The Firehawk
#2Firehawk030(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2010 5:10:48 AM
bump
---
The Firehawk
#3drew9966Posted 11/7/2010 5:18:54 AM
It's not that hard but if you are having trouble then just start guessing. Once you have only one chance left exit and then re-enter the computer and try again. The password resets each time you do this. Eventually you will get it.

---
Here there be monsters.
#4Doops_21Posted 11/7/2010 5:28:12 AM
It is quite easy but can also be frustrating. As the above user said you can randomly select 3 and then exit, or you can save just before the terminal and try 4 times then re load your save.

Anyway when it says 4 out of 7 for example it means you have 4 letters in sequence correct. Look at all the other words to see similarities in each. You might have Healing for example and you have 4 correct, then you see Feeling and you do not see any other words with ling on the end, then Feeling is the logical answer. I might be wrong but it is my theory on working the terminals.
---
Life would be like a box of chocolates... If I hadn't eaten them all.
#5Doops_21Posted 11/7/2010 5:29:28 AM
sorry that should of read 5 out of 7 correct with Healing.
---
Life would be like a box of chocolates... If I hadn't eaten them all.
#6Zmapper33Posted 11/7/2010 5:40:29 AM
witches
switches
teaches
creatures
features
winner

if you select witches and it says, you got 3 right you check all the words for 3 same position letters.

switches has 2 the "es"
teaches has 4 the "ches"
creatures has 2 the "es"
features has 2 the "es"
winner has 3 the "wi" and "e"

so the answer must be winner to unlock the computer.
#7aurick79Posted 11/7/2010 5:41:53 AM
this is an online tool that you can use, I have my netbook open and use it while I play

http://mediumexposure.com/dev/f3hack/

Past that if you can't use the computer at the same time, I use graph paper, write each word on a line and each letter ina box and then it makes it easier.
#8sidsid118Posted 11/7/2010 8:28:41 AM
dont forget the bracket trick as well. (.hj) <gfjh> {hjjh} if you see any brackets like this select the one on the left, if it all lights up like a proper word, then you will either remove a dud, or get your attempts reset if you select it.
---
PSN ID - dhandes
#9Firehawk030(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2010 5:48:24 PM
one last bump
---
The Firehawk
#10jedioutkastPosted 11/7/2010 5:55:01 PM

I also noticed if you see $$ near the word it also might be the password. Im 37 and I love hacking those computers you have to look for the () {} before the words facing each other also if you choose a tion ing ed look for comon words with that type of ending. always back out of the computer your hacking after 3 tries or you will lock yourself out of it.