That lucky old sun terminal password?

#1daveviborgPosted 11/8/2010 10:27:21 AM

Ive just re-entered Helios 1 and there are MarkIII turrets shooting at me. So I enter the room on the right to activate a terminal which asks me for a password. I dont know what the password is? Anyone help? I have two passwords on me but they seem rather big to put in.

#2HaranameisterPosted 11/8/2010 10:37:51 AM
The quest's terminal passwords are for the control terminals OUTSIDE of the Helios One tower.

I think that the terminal for the turrets inside the tower must be hacked.
#3daveviborg(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2010 10:41:19 AM

It comes up with hack terminal (easy) so then a load of numbers ,symbols and words appear and it asks for a password, so how do i hack it or whats the password?

#4IminyourclosetPosted 11/8/2010 11:20:46 AM
At no point do you manually need to enter a password. If someone gives you a password beforehand, then you'll automatically bypass the hacking sequence when you use the computer, like having a key for a locked door. If you have the password in your Notes section, and you're still going having to hack the terminal, then it's the wrong terminal.

The hacking sequence is the same as Fallout 3s, the 'password' you need to select to unlock it is randomly generated each time you try it. Search on this board or Fallout 3's board for a decent guide, I don't want to explain it all again.
---
"I think all you gotta do is find that little black kid, and doesn't that start the whole backdoor option?" -WHiTE_LickR
#5IminyourclosetPosted 11/8/2010 11:23:51 AM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/939932-fallout-3/53000067

I explained it there. If you find or are given the password for that specific terminal beforehand, then when you click on the terminal, it won't show the [VERY EASY] or [HARD] info, it will just take you straight to the terminal controls.
---
"I think all you gotta do is find that little black kid, and doesn't that start the whole backdoor option?" -WHiTE_LickR
#6IminyourclosetPosted 11/8/2010 11:35:51 AM
I've just remembered that quest. Tjose two passwords were for the two terminals in the large area with all the solar panels. One terminal was guarded by dogs, and the other by some traps, the two passwords you were given were for accessing those 2 terminals without having to hack them. They were used to redirect the solar panels to the correct orientation.

Be cautious, after you hack that terminal and disable the targeting for the two turrets (so they attack the 2 robots and quickly get blown up), there will still be a Mr Gutsy robot and a Robobrain. The robobrain will pose a real problem at low levels, it took me about 40 headshots to bring down.

There's another terminal later in the quest, you first need to repair the power source to activate it, then I can't remember if you need to hack it.
---