What am i supposed to do?

#1CyberLance26Posted 11/15/2010 2:48:25 PM
Im doing the Quest called There Stands the Grass and im trying to open a door in Vault 22 that i need the Administrators key to enter.
I have searched EVERYWHERE in this damn vault and i have looked at every computer and searched every damn room but i cant find anything that can help me get trough that door.
What am i supposed to do?
#2CyberLance26(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2010 3:02:20 PM
Please tell me what im supposed to do im so freaking sick of walking around this place over and over without finding anything.
Been at it for an hour now.
#3crazyj10Posted 11/15/2010 3:11:01 PM
It would be helpful if you specified which door you speak of.
---
"What makes me a good demo-man?If I were a bad demo-man, I wouldn't be sittin' here, discussin' it with you now would I?"
#4CyberLance26(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2010 3:15:30 PM
A door that leads to a cave.
The Quest marker that shows you where you need to go tells me i must enter it to continue the quest.
There is a computer next to the door that says i must talk to the administrator to open the door but i cant find her or her corpse.
I found a computer that i could use to open 2 other doors and there was an option for the cave door but it does not work.
Says something about an override.
#5xcetraxPosted 11/15/2010 3:16:37 PM
maybe the key isn't in the vault?

some quest items are picked up outside of the quests main area.
for example, there could be a dead vault admin somewhere out in the wastes.

it's not very common, but it does happen.

---
#6crazyj10Posted 11/15/2010 3:19:04 PM
There is a computer in the atrium that I think gives you access. If not that then there is a key-card which should in one of the bedrooms in the same area.
---
"What makes me a good demo-man?If I were a bad demo-man, I wouldn't be sittin' here, discussin' it with you now would I?"
#7CyberLance26(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2010 3:23:44 PM
Im pretty sure i searched every single damn room in that vault and tried every single computer but maybe i missed something.
I actually just left the vault and is doing another quest right now because i got so tired of wasting my time walking around the same place for over an hour.
Ok i will go back and see if i missed any cards in the bedrooms.
#8ScottJMPosted 11/15/2010 3:26:15 PM
If it is the door I am thinking of There is a key card in one of the bedrooms. I think there were 3 spore carriers in the room and the key was on a metal shelf next to the door.
#9CyberLance26(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2010 3:31:01 PM
Thank you so much i finally found it and now i can finally open that damn door.
Sure wish i could have found that card earlier because it feels like i have wasted one and a half hour doing nothing at all.