Third Person and other stuff...but mainly Third Person!

#1nocturnalkissesPosted 2/5/2010 12:10:17 PM

What turned me off from Fallout 3 was the camera view. i HATE first perosn when it comes to RPG's. Hvaing first person COMPLETELY DEFEATS the purpose of full character customization. What's the point if yo're NEVER going to see your characters face maybe accept in the pause menu or when you switch to the crappy third person view?

I think Third person view should be implemented in EVERY RPG because there's soo much more physics and actions to do. For example, hiding behind cover, climbing up things, lifting things up, jumping, grappling, etc. Yea you could do SOME of those things in first perosn but its honeslty better in TP like Mass Effect 2, GoW2, DA:o, Star Ocean, Past FF games. I only think the reason Oblivion was popular at the time because it had an expansive world and a few new actions such as titting in chair and over 200hrs of gameplay. but if it was made today, that game would have been chopped to peices with its one button hack n' slash, and really no differences between offensiv spells.

AND the last thing is the targeting system in FO:3! It was kinda cheap how you can freeze in gameplay, pick a spot, and shoot! all you need is a shotgun and you're good. Sooo please make this a TP game. it would def get a higher score!

#2ThRealSmapizzlePosted 2/5/2010 12:31:15 PM

What turned me off from Fallout 3 was the camera view. i HATE first perosn when it comes to RPG's. Hvaing first person COMPLETELY DEFEATS the purpose of full character customization. What's the point if yo're NEVER going to see your characters face maybe accept in the pause menu or when you switch to the crappy third person view?

I think Third person view should be implemented in EVERY RPG because there's soo much more physics and actions to do. For example, hiding behind cover, climbing up things, lifting things up, jumping, grappling, etc. Yea you could do SOME of those things in first perosn but its honeslty better in TP like Mass Effect 2, GoW2, DA:o, Star Ocean, Past FF games. I only think the reason Oblivion was popular at the time because it had an expansive world and a few new actions such as titting in chair and over 200hrs of gameplay. but if it was made today, that game would have been chopped to peices with its one button hack n' slash, and really no differences between offensiv spells.

You could rotate the camera almost any time and see your character's face, and set a camera angle in third person such as a RE4/5 angle.

AND the last thing is the targeting system in FO:3! It was kinda cheap how you can freeze in gameplay, pick a spot, and shoot! all you need is a shotgun and you're good. Sooo please make this a TP game. it would def get a higher score!

I don't remember any time where you actually need to use VATs.
---
12-6cloud
Yes or no?
#3squiggy9996999Posted 2/5/2010 1:10:48 PM
even if you never figured out how to use the camera controls of the last game, which were 100% customizable and worked as FPS or 3rd person (from any distance) - it doesn;t matter because you didn't like the game.

and guess what, nobody cares if someone who didin't like fallout 3 doesn't like the sequel. people who buy sequels to games they hate and go see sequels to movies they didn't like are my definition of dumbass.
#4ArkhamEscapeePosted 2/5/2010 1:16:17 PM
So basically -- yo're complaining about a feature that you have the option to not use?

Also, Oblivion was and is popular because The Elder Scrolls is a popular series.

VATS is a hold over from when the series was still turn-based. If you don't like it, don't use it.

I think that about sums it up.
---
And though it's been so long, I can't ever seem to forget.
Now Playing: Baldur's Gate, Fallout 3
#5hyperskate65Posted 2/5/2010 1:47:05 PM
"I only think the reason Oblivion was popular at the time because it had an expansive world and a few new actions such as titting in chair and over 200hrs of gameplay. but if it was made today, that game would have been chopped to peices with its one button hack n' slash, and really no differences between offensiv spells."

You make Oblivion seem SOOOO OLD. Like it was back in the Pac-Man era and it had nothing in it to do.
Oblivion was a great game, and if it was remade today [TES:V] I'm sure it'll win GOTY just as Oblivion AND Morrowind did before it.

Oblivion worked fine, and so does Fallout.
If you don't like it, don't play it.
Move along now please.

---
I have the biggest collection of stolen scarves on GameFAQS.
PSN - BlahblahUnicornx [SFIV, MvC2, BB:CT, RB2, LBP, TF2]