Very Sad for Grim Reaper's Sprint

#1lawjr3Posted 10/20/2010 8:29:24 PM
Man! A level 20 perk and it doesn't even refill your VATS?? Weak! I want ADVANTAGES when I'm that high up!
#2grand_kaizerPosted 10/20/2010 9:15:49 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#3wolfy42Posted 10/20/2010 9:43:50 PM
With the reduced AP perk you get and action boy it's already insane overpowered. 20 more AP per kill with finess, burns brighter trait (3% boost to crit) better crits etc just plan rocks.

With all the other bonuses giving a full AP bar per kill would be rediculous.
---
No duckies, just drowning.
#4CronoGuyverPosted 10/22/2010 1:36:41 AM
It is not ridiculous, Obsidian developers are simply forcing you to obtain companions. Just like all the other cuts that they imposed on the game.
Obsidian has some sort of complex with their inability to allow players to make perfect characters (maxing all stats) in their games. In all but this fallout game there was a way to max out all your stats.
---
Those who come with a sword, will die by the sword.
#5wolfy42Posted 10/22/2010 1:53:55 AM
Um although you don't get as many perk choices (which of course made maxing stats in Fo3 much easier) you can add as much to your stats just about as in Fo3. Cha is an ultimate dump stat this time.....and int is not as important so with a 1 cha and 4 int you can basically get every important stat up to 10 if you want.

Str with eq 9 (6 base + 1 implant + 2 armor)
Perception 8
Agil 10
Luck 10
End 7

Not maxed but seriously hard to complain about that....and thats without optimizing for stats. I could pump perception to 9 with equipment if I wanted to (not worth it), and thats with only the level 2 intensive training.

Int stays 4 and Cha stays 1.....(boosting cha only when needed for speech/barter checks).

By the end of the game your a killing machine and you can get all the skills high enough to pick everything, use any computer terminal and pass any speech check...not much more you can really ask for.
---
No duckies, just drowning.
#6AnnihilatorSolPosted 10/22/2010 2:01:17 AM
Using temporary int increasing item before leveling up (4 int start) is also helpful if you plan on having the closest possible max stat end game
#7CronoGuyverPosted 10/22/2010 2:30:45 AM
Close but not max...
---
#8CronoGuyverPosted 10/22/2010 2:38:06 AM
It is like looking at Ferrari and some one is telling you that Fiat is just as good because it is also a car.
Just because Fiat is a car, it does not make it equivalent to the Ferrari.

So, close is not perfect/max and it will never be perfect /max no matter how much you coat it with paint. (Almost, if, but, little, and etc, it is not and that is that).
---
#9PlaneforgerPosted 10/22/2010 4:56:04 AM

CronoGuyver posted...
It is not ridiculous, Obsidian developers are simply forcing you to obtain companions. Just like all the other cuts that they imposed on the game.
Obsidian has some sort of complex with their inability to allow players to make perfect characters (maxing all stats) in their games. In all but this fallout game there was a way to max out all your stats.

Personally, I like that. It means that your character will end up with strengths and weaknesses (like in more traditional roleplaying games), rather than just being a boring god-of-all-trades.

#10CronoGuyverPosted 10/22/2010 12:52:18 PM
Yes, and that would make the character just another average Joe with IQ below 50.
---