Cool weapons...?

#1zyrax2301Posted 10/25/2010 1:17:25 PM
Ok, so the most interesting (ranged) weapon I've found so far is either the grenade rifle or the Fat Man. I've played about 20 hours, and travelled a long way. Where's all the good stuff? Are there weapon schematics in New Vegas?

No spoilz plz. Oh, and here's my current setup, so if you know of anything similar (uniques?) please let me know.

Sturdy Caravan Shotgun (got a code)
That Gun (I don't even like this thang)
Cowboy Repeater (+ mag capacity ^_^)
Baseball Bat (-_-)
Explosives (assorted toys)
Garbage (assorted gabbage)
Etc. (assorted and-so-on)
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#2DemonShot54Posted 10/25/2010 1:18:25 PM
The All-American is my favorite gun in the gun.
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/All-American
#3DemonShot54Posted 10/25/2010 1:18:56 PM
game* lol
#4AzrakothPosted 10/25/2010 1:20:34 PM
i use maria for most of the battles...i did use All-American at black mountain though..
for deathclaws i'll use anti material rifle or the unique sniper rifle(forgot the name)
#5mcalpine1390Posted 10/25/2010 1:22:10 PM
I didnt think the fat man was in this game. I havent spotted a single mini-nuke and I am like 20 hours or so in.
#6zyrax2301(Topic Creator)Posted 10/25/2010 1:38:13 PM
Me either, no ammo so far...but I found the Fatman on a super mutant somewhere, probably during the 'Come Fly With Me' quest but I can't remember where exactly. It is in terrible condition.
---
#7BerserkFury8533Posted 10/25/2010 1:45:22 PM
The Grands Kras (I think thats how you spell it) its the Brotherhood of steel weapon

Its like a sniper rifle that uses lightning plasma rounds, its really powerful, its creates a mini shockwave whenever you hit someone with with it.
---
Thought you could take my name, my game, my story, my glory, my fame!
--(Psn: LunaticHighZZZZZ)---
#8LeifLongbottomPosted 10/25/2010 1:52:54 PM

The cool thing about That Gun is that it uses common ammo. Other than that, it's not very good.

If you want some kickass energy weapons two places you have to visit is a crashed aircraft in the SE quarter of the map (if you've found the Animal Husbandry farm, just go south from there) on the very southern edge. It's guarded heavily but it's worth it if you enjoyed the weaponry of Broken Steel. Just beware: it guzzles ammo so only use it for special occasions or later on.

If you want something for more everyday use, go to REPCONN HQ and go to the collapsed room accessible from the 1st floor (through a very hard door/'puter) or the 2nd floor (through an easier door). The trick is that the suspension field that the gun should be suspended in usually doesn't work making this gun as hard to snatch as the Lucky Shades in Fallout 3, but if you got those you should be able to get this.

Just crouch in 3rd person right next to the gun, look all the way down and revolve your character until the reticle prompts you. Play around with it.

#9BerserkFury8533Posted 10/25/2010 1:57:46 PM
^ I was wondering what the deal was with that gun in the REPCONN place, I spent like 10 mins trying to figure out how to get it and gave up, Ima go back there and get it now
---
Thought you could take my name, my game, my story, my glory, my fame!
--(Psn: LunaticHighZZZZZ)---
#10zyrax2301(Topic Creator)Posted 10/25/2010 2:00:59 PM
Is having 100 of either science or lockpick a necessity for getting it? I'm sure I found that room (the ceiling has collapsed into a ramp, right?) but at that point I was so sick of the place I couldn't be bothered looking around, just wanted OUT.
---