Clearing game cache?

#1CarsizzlePosted 1/20/2011 1:04:09 PM
Hi all.

My game has been freezing a FRIGGIN LOT lately and it's very aggravating.
I was thinking of deleting the Game Data for New Vegas, but the last thing I need is the game getting even more mucked up if I do this.

Is there a way to clear the game cache similar to Oblivion to enhance game performance?
And is there any problems with me deleting the Game Data (if it even serves a purpose)?
---
PSN: CosmicElement
Currently Playing: Call of Duty: Black Ops, Fallout: New Vegas, Bayonetta, Metal Gear Ac!d [PSP]
#2uprrsloPosted 1/23/2011 5:07:22 PM
Search for it my man. There are tons of answers.
#3_Cryptic_RipperPosted 1/23/2011 6:04:53 PM
Only problem will be having to redownload the patches and reinstall everything.
Though if you are going to do that and care enough about an extra +4 skill points and a bit of loot, save outside the Abandoned Brotherhood of Steel Bunker, clear the cache, load up the game without installing anything, go into the bunker and grab all the items, leave, then save again (on another save slot, ideally, just in-case).

This is because there's a glitch making the bunker permanently locked with no key in the newest patch, and it's only unlocked with the new DLC (which as you might have noticed, is only available for the 360 at the minute).

Though on the wikia there was mentioned some possible glitches relating to doing this on the 360 and thus possibly on the PS3 (obviously people did it before the DLC was released on the 360), but I did it at least 30 hours before the point I'm at now and I'm still running problem free, and you can always reload to the point before you went it.

But it's up to you, so here's the link:
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Abandoned_Brotherhood_of_Steel_Bunker
---
PSN:~ Shady_Caveman
I laffed and I laffed until I couldn't not laff no moar.
#4uprrsloPosted 1/23/2011 6:47:52 PM
You'd think they would fix that one with a patch and not have to wait for a DLC!! It's BS.
#5slayristoPosted 1/24/2011 3:40:52 AM
Yes there is I added it to the cheats but appearntly they do not agree with it, its the same exact buttons in oblivion in both fallouts.
---
PSN:Slayristo
Imma B!
#6Carsizzle(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2011 4:21:54 PM
Okay, you are all being vague/stupid/off-topic.

I ASK AGAIN: Is there a way to clear the game cache and IF SO, HOW.

@uprrslo: Thanks. Not really. Link me, because I have no idea where your resources are.
@slayristo: What are the buttons? And when do I input them?
---
Currently Playing: Call of Duty: Black Ops, Fallout: New Vegas, Bayonetta, Metal Gear Ac!d [PSP]
#7uprrsloPosted 1/24/2011 4:36:37 PM
Did you search the topics under cache? Check out the second one.
#8Carsizzle(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2011 4:56:38 PM
I've done that and my problem still persists, even across game saves.
Isn't there some way to clear the game cache prior to the game loading up? L2+R2+Square or something?

My game now freezes everytime I try to set hotkeys. WTF. I am THIS close to writing an angry letter to Bethesda or Obsidian.
---
#9LordVukodlakPosted 1/24/2011 4:57:58 PM
The cached is cleared everytime you reset your ps3.

There are a few tricks you can do help things run smoother.
1: Turn off autosave
2: Always save to a new file never overwrite.
3 Boot the ps3 in safemode an restore the file system. This clears corrupted data from where files are saved while leaving healthy data alone.
---
I can't believe its not butter, but then I have no sense of taste
#10uprrsloPosted 1/25/2011 2:00:10 PM
I've never tried to boot my PS3 in safe mode. How is that done? I'll give it a shot if my problem comes back (so far no freezes).