Vilified by Powder Gangers, is this bad?

#1MetalGearGekkoPosted 6/22/2011 5:29:11 AM
I did the mission in the first town where you kill all the powder gangers, not realizing that it would have repercussions, and now I'm vilified by the gang. I know there are missions you can get from them at the NCRCF, but I get shot on site. I'm not sure how to become un-vilified, or if the missions are even worth it. Any ideas/input?
---
Gekko- Cost 12
ATK: 200 to a 5x5 area in front.
#2jadakiss88Posted 6/22/2011 6:49:17 AM
I had that same issue but its buggy because on my hardcore run they didn't shoot at me on site but they killed Chet (or whatever his name is) but the second run on normal they all died but noone from Goodsprings died. Like i usually wear the Powder Gang armor but the guard at the door sees through that. Its also a mission to take the prison back over. SO i guess it plays into that.
---
Its alright let the nerds hate, in my face though them words getting ate!!
Ignorance is bliss and My president is black
#3CutterDeBlancPosted 6/22/2011 6:54:29 AM
The Powder Gangers are stupid. All of my guys are villified by them. They're like generic raiders with ugly clothes.
---
No habla espaņol.
#4jadakiss88Posted 6/22/2011 7:14:21 AM
Too add to my earlier statement if you do want to help the NCR take over the prison you might need to loot it first because even though you kill everyone it becomes NCR territory and will weigh against you if you do steal anything.
---
#5belisar6Posted 6/22/2011 7:33:10 AM
Unless you were planning on siding with the Powder Gangers over the NCR, you just missed out on a couple of minor missions from the NCRCF. The third one you get from them you basically have to choose either to side with them or the NCR.

You could try stealth killing the guard at the door, and then seeing if the Powder Ganger outfit will work on the rest of them.
---
Stay thirsty, my friend.
#6CutterDeBlancPosted 6/22/2011 8:13:48 AM
Powder Ganger outfit won't work, because they attack you if you're Neutral or lower. The only thing the outfit is good for is to make everybody hate you.
---
No habla espaņol.
#7jadakiss88Posted 6/22/2011 9:53:15 AM
Well it actually does work...i always slowly approach him and wait for him to initiate conversation before i get to the door. This way you can cut the chances of the Sheriff being killed in a huge gunfight. But after the that screw the powder gangers. After I took control of the NCRCF i found all the Powder Gangers hideouts and killed everyone they even had the audacity to try to ambush me out in the wasteland.
---
#8rdchili89Posted 6/22/2011 10:18:05 AM(edited)
The outfits do work, it's just that certain people in the faction can see through the disguise. Also the Powder Gangers in the Prison, the Powder Ganger in the Nipton shop, and the Gangers in Goodsprings are the "Good" ones, every other one you run across will attack you since they are basically rogues.

---
PSN ID: RedChili69
move hacker
#9Gladion20Posted 6/22/2011 7:35:57 PM
jadakiss88 posted...
Too add to my earlier statement if you do want to help the NCR take over the prison you might need to loot it first because even though you kill everyone it becomes NCR territory and will weigh against you if you do steal anything.

I've never had the NCR get mad when I grabbed stuff after taking it over
---
XboxLive: alphaomegatitan
oh..I'm going to the special hell
#10CutterDeBlancPosted 6/22/2011 9:09:38 PM(edited)
rdchili89 posted...
The outfits do work, it's just that certain people in the faction can see through the disguise. Also the Powder Gangers in the Prison, the Powder Ganger in the Nipton shop, and the Gangers in Goodsprings are the "Good" ones, every other one you run across will attack you since they are basically rogues.

Ah, I see. I didn't do too much fact finding about them, I just shoot them whenever I see them. They're a really stupid worthless faction.
---
No habla espaņol.