Fallout: Boston

#1IrUlE2190Posted 2/24/2012 7:21:51 PM
Thoughts on a Boston setting? I think it'd be pretty cool. Big city, lots of different landmarks to explore, big underground area.
---
I'ma do what I do, so do you.
PSN: IRULE2190
#2riddlebox89Posted 2/24/2012 7:55:54 PM
could also put a few Boondock Saints references in there too.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#3Swe_erik84Posted 2/25/2012 3:48:30 AM
I would rather se Fallout: New York. Lets blow up the statue of liberty!
#41stbasemanbeckPosted 2/25/2012 3:51:49 PM
Meh. I feel like the East Coast has already been done fairly well in 3. Sure, Boston and New York aren't in it but I'm not sure Boston is quite varied enough to standalone and it feels like every game is set in New York. I would be behind a more general New England setting, though, that incorporated more of the rural parts, bed and breakfasts, etc.

How about Florida or somewhere in the Deep South? Or the Pacific Northwest/Alaska? Would be interesting to see snow (would snow exist? Well it would still be interesting).
---
Cloud computing and digital-only content = the lack of consumer control over games and the loss of retrogaming. And they call this progress.
#5operator879Posted 2/25/2012 7:13:43 PM
i'm surprised none of u have thought of the state of Maine in all this.
---
http://www.xgenstudios.com/game.php?keyword=two
#6Bash_MOHPosted 2/25/2012 7:24:48 PM
It could also encompass N.Y.C., Main and others. If not vanilla than with DLC.
---
The new guy
http://i.imgur.com/fkYkS.jpg
#71031_VulcanPosted 2/25/2012 8:39:17 PM
New York is a bit overdone these days, though it could certainly work right in a DLC (remember The Pitt). I think a Louisiana would be too similar to Point Lookout. A northern one with snow would be good, but there's not any really any major locations or cities there. As for outside the U.S, I think Fallout will go there about as much as TES has gone outside Tamriel.
---
i used to eat fried troll fat like you, then i got them diabeetus -Wabblester
#8Game_when_I_canPosted 2/25/2012 9:14:31 PM
Chicago. The story can center around the legion and ncr coming east and the enclave and brotherhood pushing west with an unknown faction controling chicago trying to play each one off each other to stay in control. Maybe even see a return of the secret service as a underdog faction trying to overthrow the enclave and take chicago as a hub.
#9riddlebox89Posted 2/26/2012 8:31:50 AM
operator879 posted...

Nahh, Stephen King has already done Maine to death.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#10LoBoKhan03Posted 2/26/2012 8:40:14 AM
operator879 posted...

because everyone that lives in Boston or Massachusetts in general knows that Maine is really a province owned by Massachusetts
---
PSN: Cyborg_Snowman
Please excuse all mis-spellings, I don't care if I spell things right or not :P