A few question for a new player (spoilers I guess)

#1punisher1Posted 3/31/2012 12:00:38 PM
I have a few questions for this game. right now im lvl 5 so im still low level. I have played and beaten fallout 3:GOTY. But this game has a lot of little things tweaked to it. some of which I can tell will be real annoying.So here I go with my questions. Hopefully I can get some helpful answers.

1. Are mods like the .357 revolver HD cylinder worth getting. They are expensive with the ultimate edition I have now. Think at my level they are like 600+.

2. Will I have to use the special ammo a lot. Seems like a pain to figure out which ammo to use all the time(and expensive). Why that needed to change is real annoying.

3. I know the game has multiple endings. But I was wondering which is the real good ending? Is it NCR or independence? So far I don't really see how the NCR are all that bad. They are just trying to rebuild and bring the country back to normal. But I have the feeling the independence ending is the way I should go.
---
I'll give you a brief history of pain with the back of my hand!
Einstein vs Stephen Hawking -Epic Rap Battles of History #7
#2RobJ23Posted 3/31/2012 2:55:33 PM
1- Some are... it all depends on how you play. If you use a gun a lot, then get mods for it.

2- No you dont have to use special ammo at all. Get over it... games change. Not the end of the world. No need to call it annoying.

3- Why do you need to know about endings so soon? Play the game and enjoy it. Stop worrying about endings.
#380108Posted 3/31/2012 3:34:56 PM
There is no true good or bad ending. All parties involved will present their case and it's up to you to decide which one to go with.
---
Most evil: http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lnkhuw5zrU1qgifedo1_500.png
#4punisher1(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2012 4:16:06 AM
RobJ23 posted...
1- Some are... it all depends on how you play. If you use a gun a lot, then get mods for it.

2- No you dont have to use special ammo at all. Get over it... games change. Not the end of the world. No need to call it annoying.

3- Why do you need to know about endings so soon? Play the game and enjoy it. Stop worrying about endings.

I don't play games multiple times. Because I have stuff to do like work for a living and be with my women. And Im not into screw job endings. I like good endings. And yes it is annoying to have multiple types of ammo. It does not enhance game play to have it. Just more micro managing.
---
I'll give you a brief history of pain with the back of my hand!
Einstein vs Stephen Hawking -Epic Rap Battles of History #7
#580108Posted 4/1/2012 3:23:15 PM
punisher1 posted...
RobJ23 posted...

I don't play games multiple times. Because I have stuff to do like work for a living and be with my women. And Im not into screw job endings. I like good endings. And yes it is annoying to have multiple types of ammo. It does not enhance game play to have it. Just more micro managing.

Buddy Pal, don't play this game. It's not for you. It's open-world, choice dependent and full of all kinds of micro management. Just the guns alone; there are over a hundred. How are you going to deal with all that? It's going to be "Annoying". Go back to your job and "women"...haha, WOMEN - oh, that's a good one!! Much less annoyances there, I'm sure.
---
Most evil: http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lnkhuw5zrU1qgifedo1_500.png
#6IminyourclosetPosted 4/1/2012 5:06:17 PM(edited)
If you hate micro managing, this probably isn't the game for you. You need to scavenge for ammo, weapons and loot to sell pretty much constantly, from the word go, as well as managing your chem supplies and keeping a good supply of caps, and keeping track of the hundreds of locations and quests you'll be accumulating, as well as the direction you want to steer things in (in support of or against particular factions, or good/evil solutions to quests, etc). And if you're playing in Hardcore mode you need to manage your water, food and sleep levels too.

You don't need to use special ammo, I got through several gun-intensive playthroughs fine without ever switching to the alternate ammo types. On harder difficulties (particularly early on), you will struggle against armoured super mutants, power-armoured soldiers and robots if you don't use AP ammo, and Cazadors are soooo much easier to deal with if you use Hollow Point ammo, but apart from that, the other ammo types are just small variations.
---
"I think all you gotta do is find that little black kid, and doesn't that start the whole backdoor option?" -WHiTE_LickR
#7RobJ23Posted 4/1/2012 7:06:02 PM
You might as well just watch the gameplay clips online if you just want the good ending and you apparently don't even want to play the game much...
#8CerebornPosted 4/1/2012 9:02:46 PM
People here are always so welcoming to newcomers.
---
http://oi39.tinypic.com/2howz6f.jpg
You're welcome to your opinion, as long as you understand that it's factually wrong. - ayame95
#9Game_when_I_canPosted 4/1/2012 9:11:18 PM
Only gun mods you need are ones you use the most.

If you plan to play normal or harder than yes ammo types can matter. A deathclaw coming at you can be painful with standard ammo or easy with armor piercing. And in very hard mode, its literally life and death as a deathclaw crit on you is instant death, even with heavy armor.

Play the game with the gut check morals you have in everyday life. If you seem to think the ncr is good by land grabing and the legion enslaving people are bad, well then there you go.

I have a wife and 3 kids anad i still feel time to replay this over and over makimg small changes in decisions here and there. But if you are lookimg for the straight to the point game, this is not it and i would suggest something else. Maybe borderlands?
#10Mohawk_BravoPosted 4/2/2012 10:05:00 PM
Cereborn posted...
People here are always so welcoming to newcomers.

Well really it's thanks to the newcomers themselves. I mean, when some condescending kid tells me he doesn't have time to play the game and makes all sorts of demands and complaints just short of 'beat the game for me, standing on your head', I know I just can't resist helping.