it seems like the game WANTS me to fight the legion for the plantinum chip

#1sunkissed90Posted 4/29/2012 4:28:15 PM
So now that I have the chip from benny all of a sudden the legion wants me to visit them but when I go there they take my chip so loaded an earlier save. I don't feel like fighting them for the chip.

Then the oh my papa quest I have to get the evidence from the legion to break the alliance between them and the khans but if I go to the fort they'll take my chip. Now I'm stuck at the for the republic 2 where the ncr wants me to ally with the khans, the last part of the oh my papa quest and the render onto Caesar quest. :-/ the thing is I really don't want to go to the fort since I don't like the legion.

So looking on the internet for ideas I decided to try and kill papa Khan in his sleep so that Regis will be in charge and he'll break the alliance and help the NCR but no matter how I did the quest always failed.

After that I decided to go back to an earlier save before I got the platinum chip and the legion asked me to visit to see if killing papa Khan would work but i still failed the quest.

So it seems like the game wants me to have a BIG fight with the legion over the chip because no matter what I do I can't avoid going to the fort. I can't even go to the fort until after getting the chip. So is this the case or am I missing something? Otherwise it looks like I'll just have to gear up for a fight!
#2sunkissed90(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2012 4:30:35 PM
Also I did get karls journal and got him killed..I wish I would have showed it to papa first but I can't go back to that save because I've done a lot since then.
#380108Posted 4/29/2012 5:44:55 PM(edited)
You should playing through the whole Fort scenario before coming to your conclusions about the Legions' intentions. Worse comes to worst, you can always reload then.
---
Most evil: http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lnkhuw5zrU1qgifedo1_500.png
#4tri sapphirePosted 4/29/2012 7:15:09 PM
Did you return the chip to Mr. House yet? I believe you can do that without really picking a side yet.

After you do that, or if you've already done it, you can let the Legion take the chip without any worries. They'll return it to you to complete Mr. House's next quest, or to complete Caesar's quest, which involve the same area.

Just be sure you don't kill the main guards in The Fort and Weather Station who take and return your equipment. It's possible to lose the chip permanently if you do.
---
"If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to be destroyed...I must simply laugh!!."- Magus
#5sunkissed90(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2012 10:55:24 PM
Well I wasn't really sure if I wanted to side with Mr house yet so I didn't give him the chip. Also since that's the main quest I was thinking i thinking that might end the game or trigger a last quest or something. I heard the game ends after that and there is much more I want to do :-/.
#6CerebornPosted 4/30/2012 5:51:50 PM
If you give House the chip, he'll fiddle with it a bit and then give to back to you, so you can do his next quest.
---
http://oi39.tinypic.com/2howz6f.jpg
You're welcome to your opinion, as long as you understand that it's factually wrong. - ayame95