Fallout 4 next generation or not?

#1PootbirdPosted 1/28/2013 8:55:47 AM
Do you guys think that fallout 4 will be on the next generation consoles or not?
---
PSN: Goldengeartwo
By using smoke bomb you are unable to hunt and kill like a true assassin, you must kill defenceless people instead.
#2bongobreakPosted 1/28/2013 9:21:18 AM
My guess is that it will be next gen - I'm hoping all the rumours that the PS4 being the best platform are true.

I just hope that Bethesda can improve their coding abilities for the PS4.

Oh yeah....and Three Dog is back!!...maybe!
---
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
#3IminyourclosetPosted 1/28/2013 10:40:40 AM
If it's based on the Skyrim engine (which is probable), wouldn't it have to be released on PS3?

Not much of a tech guy.
---
"I think all you gotta do is find that little black kid, and doesn't that start the whole backdoor option?" -WHiTE_LickR
#4bongobreakPosted 1/28/2013 10:52:00 AM
Iminyourcloset posted...
If it's based on the Skyrim engine (which is probable), wouldn't it have to be released on PS3?

Not much of a tech guy.

Me neither, but I hope it isn't released on the PS3 - it's showing it's age now, and one can only speculate on how many bugs would be evident if it were.

I have only read about Skyrim (never played it) so I can't comment really, but hasn't that had more than its fair share of bugs too?
---
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
#5CobraKingKillerPosted 1/28/2013 2:22:31 PM
It had it's fair share, but they fixed the freezing ones, for the most part.
---
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.
- Tyler Durden
#6wolfgard hannusenPosted 1/28/2013 2:47:24 PM
bongobreak posted...
Iminyourcloset posted...

Not much of a tech guy.

Me neither, but I hope it isn't released on the PS3 - it's showing it's age now, and one can only speculate on how many bugs would be evident if it were.

I have only read about Skyrim (never played it) so I can't comment really, but hasn't that had more than its fair share of bugs too?

All I had was rare minor lag in a very long first game game of Skyrim,with only the first Patch.
Not far in second game with all Patches.
This game is by far glitchier but I've actually been having more fun.
I don't want to buy another Console.
Why would it be any better on a PS4?Very well could worse.
They have more experience on PS3.
---
World Record Holder Best Score Dynasty Tactics 2,16 Gold 99,999's Vs 10.
#7bongobreakPosted 1/28/2013 3:07:07 PM
Fair points.

I'm not keen on buying another console either, but from what I've read (albeit rumours and heresay) the next generation of consoles will be a great leap forward in graphics processing at the very least.
The emphasis is likely to be on the GPUs, and multi-tasking - the new XBOX 720 is rumoured to have an 8-core processor.
Indeed they are also likely to feature at least 4GB of RAM - Sony is having 4GB of super fast RAM, and the XBOX is having 8GB....again, this is all rumours, but it sounds interesting.

All I want from my console is games that are 1080p and constant, reliable 60fps, although I would settle for 30 fps just as long as it didn't lag or deteriorate into a slide-show.

I'm not interested in music or video streaming or any of the other stuff that's going on, but I suppose we'll all have to put up with some things we don't particularly like.

All in the name of progress.

:-)
---
#8FreeMan5407Posted 1/28/2013 5:46:48 PM
skyrim (patched) is far more stable than fo3 & nv put together, is amazing since skyrim is bigger (huge map + variety), far more beautiful (better graphics) and yet run much better, i guess it was last engine fault, although i heard skyrim without patch is a nightmare
#9jadakiss88Posted 1/31/2013 11:18:19 AM
Honestly I think they will release FO4 for both Current and Next Gen....reason being is that alot of people probably won't have the PS4 immediately after release. W/ Fallout being such a huge franchise they would miss out on alot of Day 1 sales by limiting it to Next Gen only.

However, it will run better on PS4 since they are changing the processor chip.
---
Now look at this, everybody talking goon talk
Like they ain't never seen somebody knock a goon off
#10WozarionPosted 2/7/2013 5:31:08 PM
I just hope ps4 will have WAY faster loading screens..I don't care about better graphics.
Playing fallout on ps3 vs my 6 year old PC,PC is 10x smoother,load areas ridiculously fast,save also instant.. While ps3 takes forever just to save in skyrim,not to mention reloading same towns and areas over and over at turtle speed.
---
PSN ID: Wozey