So how do I get the "good" ending? (spoilers!)

#1HeroshiX2Posted 10/29/2010 12:39:38 PM
At the point in vegas to where I can decide to kill benny and give the chip to house (I tried talking to him but the jerk left me in his suite so im going to kill the guy for revenge and for the chip). But I know giving the chip to house causes the robots to get all extreme.... which im sure isnt going to turn out well. So the last two factions which I deem "good" are the NCR and the Followers of the Apocolypse.

Just wanting to have a good character so im kinda confused on what to do at this point in the game =(
Also bonus points..... this game doesnt pull a fallout 3 and cause the character to not be playable after the ending does it?
---
<Obvious Troll> is Obvious! - Gamefaqs Troll Raid 2010 ~Artae
#2Zida_BlazePosted 10/29/2010 12:46:06 PM
The game is a lot less black and white than FO3. The best "good" ending you can get is to ally with the NCR and help all of the other factions you can to ally with them.

The game unfortunately does pull a FO3 and not allow you to play after the ending. =(
---
Youtube Account: JtotheTProductions
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z112/ZidaTheBlazing/sig-1.jpg
#3CornwallacePosted 10/29/2010 12:46:16 PM
More like, it pulls a Legend of Zelda and doesn't let you continue after you beat it.

Or Mario. Or lots of games.

Yeah, theres a point of no return but the game has a warning pop up and lets you pick if you want to continue on the Point of No Return or to cancel.
---
SSFC - 4039 8205 1602
#4cantusePosted 10/29/2010 12:47:51 PM
There is no clear-cut 'good' faction. The followers are certainly well intentioned, but that doesn't always beget 'goodness'. Caesar is a cruel but intelligent and worldly person. House is a technocratic genius with no respect or admiration of other humans (or he would have considered I might kill him :D). The NCR might be seen as good only in that they bear a significant familiarity to contemporary Americans.

And no, you don't get to play after finishing the story. I won't speculate as to why.
#5HeroshiX2(Topic Creator)Posted 10/29/2010 12:50:22 PM
Alright thanks. Guess ill kill benny, get the chip and go help out the NCR untill the point of no return then go do whatever the hell I want in the game. Although I do wish there was a whole "black and white" like in FO3 to make choices easier but being able to decide for myself which is the "good" and "evil" side is pretty cool.

Tough choosing things so far due to me agreeing with alot of what each faction does to help the people.
---
<Obvious Troll> is Obvious! - Gamefaqs Troll Raid 2010 ~Artae
#6VoodooTigerPosted 10/29/2010 12:59:47 PM
I'll put it this way... There is no ending where everyone is happy. So, it is up to you to decide who is good and who is bad. Personally, I'd say NCR is the second most evil faction in the game.
---
If you believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster, have accepted him as your lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#7fox master xxPosted 10/29/2010 2:31:10 PM
The 3 options have been stated and are obvious but there is a fourth one you might miss out on. Make sure to check out Benny's suite after you wack him.
---
Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery.- Malcolm X
#8fffinaticPosted 10/29/2010 2:58:27 PM
The good hero ending is not the three common endings. Theres a fourth.
#9High Priest HikusaakPosted 10/29/2010 3:02:30 PM
It's not exactly clear cut, but on a scale of good to evil it'd be..

GOOD
Mr. House
The NCR
Yourself/Yes Man
EVIL
WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING
Caesar's Legion

---
The Circle Rune says...
"Nothing's cheaper than something free."
#10Xcon3Posted 10/29/2010 3:17:30 PM
Seriously, house has the best possible GOOD ENDING...

The people saying NCR don't really know what they are talking about.
---
Brawl Code: 1032-0922-1772 Brawl Name: D
RIP: Orlando of the Axe Karma: 1642 --he delivered!