Swift learner perk?

#1Mak AlmightyPosted 11/6/2010 1:12:56 AM
I was curious if the exp added by the swift learner perk shows up, say I gain 25 exp unaltered, would it still show 25 with the perk?
#2opfer_gvPosted 11/6/2010 1:14:01 AM
Nope. If you get 10 EXP, SL perk (rank 1) will show it as 11.
---
After series of bad lucks, there is always good luck follows.
- Syuji Terayama.
#3Mak Almighty(Topic Creator)Posted 11/6/2010 1:17:26 AM
Alright, thanks
#4XephonPosted 11/6/2010 7:16:26 AM
I never understood why someone would take a global experience boost over any other perk. You'll get the experience one way or another, but other perks offer things that you cannot ever get otherwise.
---
The 6 Inch
Cutman.
#5RushUnpluggedPosted 11/6/2010 7:18:47 AM
Please don't take it. Seriously. And don't even think about getting Here and Now.
---
PSN=RushUnplugged
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/RushUnplugged.png
#6Cutlass_JackPosted 11/6/2010 7:33:02 AM
Definately skip Swift Learner and/or Here and Now.

You will get far more experience than you need to hit max level. And once you hit 30 those perks do nothing for you.

Nearly any other perks are better choices than those two.
#7kyntrelPosted 11/6/2010 7:36:07 AM
i was very surprised to see those two perks still in fallout. guess they just kept them in to make the perk list seem to have more variety.
#8ProzacIsBackPosted 11/6/2010 7:40:51 AM
I've made and played 4 characters. None of them have hit level 30.

People advising against exp-boosted perks are rather foolish in their assumptions they're onto some stark flaw, while missing the obvious fact that they're fantastic if you don't plan on playing for extensive periods of time after hitting cap level.

The dev team left them in there because the're useful. Here and Now is particularly fab for meeting skill checks sooner, time wise, when you don't need help killing that cazador or what have you.
---
Punk Rock tried to kill The Metal.. but Metal was much too stroooong
XSF Combo Einstein - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHQ_eXFI7rM
#9Agamemnon485bcPosted 11/6/2010 7:45:30 AM
People suggest to level more slowly because once you max out Guns and Sneak you can pretty much win against anything at any level with the correct weapon.
---
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
#10aurick79Posted 11/6/2010 7:49:25 AM
Many people say not to take the perk, saying you'll earn that experience anyways, are playing combat oriented characters.

If you are playing a pacifist build with a focus on sneaking around and not fighting, you won't earn that experience.

In my Pacifist build Swift Learner has become integral to me actually gaining levels (and with levels equals skill points which means I'll be able to make the skill checks). Also with a Pacifist build you really don't need any of the other perks - since you aren't fighting.

So, if you're playing a combat heavy character, and are planning on exploring the whole wastes - it's not useful because you will get the levels. If you are doing a speed play through and/or trying to avoid as much combat as possible, it's actually very useful in helping make up that xp you're missing from not killing things.