Question about remaking your character

#1LancetJades(Moderator)Posted 12/3/2010 8:36:18 PM
Is the PC version able to force that "Rebuild your character" box to re-appear? The one that appears when you leave Goodsprings that lets you re-adjust your character model, and stats? If so, does it have any side-effects, or is it pretty much no-strings-attached?

---
Eclipsing power is, at times, not only the instrument of demons, but also of gods.
Lost, but not forgotten.
#2Pancreasman420Posted 12/3/2010 8:38:27 PM
i believe it is just a last chance to change before u step out into the Mojave
---
Set signature in options page.
#3SmoboHashPosted 12/3/2010 8:46:28 PM
Well I know you can do showracemenu in the console to redo your looks, but changing your gender obviously breaks gender based perks a little.
#4LancetJades(Topic Creator)(Moderator)Posted 12/3/2010 8:46:31 PM
I know that's what it is, I was wondering if there was some console command or whatever for PC to re-trigger that box to appear.

Now that I think of it, I remember that abusing that box and an EXP glitch in Goodsprings is what that "extra perk" trick consisted of. I assume that would be the only "downside" to doing this. Still, I'm curious if it can be done without other repercussions.

---
Eclipsing power is, at times, not only the instrument of demons, but also of gods.
Lost, but not forgotten.
#5LancetJades(Topic Creator)(Moderator)Posted 12/3/2010 8:48:03 PM
SmoboHash, I meant cause the entire "rebuild character" screen to show, the one that resets your level so you re-choose all perks and skill points. The gender perks are level 2 ones and aren't kept through the perk retention glitch, unlike level 6+ perks.

---
Lost, but not forgotten.
#6TomoEK9Posted 12/3/2010 10:16:39 PM
I don't know the console code for this but I do know there is a mod that lets you do this, I adds a Computer in Doc Mitchell's house which essentially lets you rebuild your character whenever you desire
#7LancetJades(Topic Creator)(Moderator)Posted 12/3/2010 10:24:33 PM
Does it also bypass the "keep all perks besides lv2/4 perks when you rebuild" glitch I mentioned? Or does it still do that? If its a well-made mod, I would assume it would clear all level-based perks.

---
Lost, but not forgotten.
#8henorbajPosted 12/5/2010 9:06:47 AM
player.removeperk
#9EricksHinumaruPosted 12/5/2010 11:49:34 AM

Does it also bypass the "keep all perks besides lv2/4 perks when you rebuild" glitch I mentioned? Or does it still do that? If its a well-made mod, I would assume it would clear all level-based perks.

Not sure, mate. If anything, though, you can just "player.removeperk" then add the correct perks.