Question about remaking your character

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout: New Vegas
  3. Question about remaking your character
5 years ago#1
Is the PC version able to force that "Rebuild your character" box to re-appear? The one that appears when you leave Goodsprings that lets you re-adjust your character model, and stats? If so, does it have any side-effects, or is it pretty much no-strings-attached?
Eclipsing power is, at times, not only the instrument of demons, but also of gods.
Lost, but not forgotten.
5 years ago#2
i believe it is just a last chance to change before u step out into the Mojave
Set signature in options page.
5 years ago#3
Well I know you can do showracemenu in the console to redo your looks, but changing your gender obviously breaks gender based perks a little.
5 years ago#4
I know that's what it is, I was wondering if there was some console command or whatever for PC to re-trigger that box to appear.

Now that I think of it, I remember that abusing that box and an EXP glitch in Goodsprings is what that "extra perk" trick consisted of. I assume that would be the only "downside" to doing this. Still, I'm curious if it can be done without other repercussions.
Eclipsing power is, at times, not only the instrument of demons, but also of gods.
Lost, but not forgotten.
5 years ago#5
SmoboHash, I meant cause the entire "rebuild character" screen to show, the one that resets your level so you re-choose all perks and skill points. The gender perks are level 2 ones and aren't kept through the perk retention glitch, unlike level 6+ perks.
Lost, but not forgotten.
5 years ago#6
I don't know the console code for this but I do know there is a mod that lets you do this, I adds a Computer in Doc Mitchell's house which essentially lets you rebuild your character whenever you desire
5 years ago#7
Does it also bypass the "keep all perks besides lv2/4 perks when you rebuild" glitch I mentioned? Or does it still do that? If its a well-made mod, I would assume it would clear all level-based perks.
Lost, but not forgotten.
5 years ago#8
player.removeperk
5 years ago#9

Does it also bypass the "keep all perks besides lv2/4 perks when you rebuild" glitch I mentioned? Or does it still do that? If its a well-made mod, I would assume it would clear all level-based perks.

Not sure, mate. If anything, though, you can just "player.removeperk" then add the correct perks.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout: New Vegas
  3. Question about remaking your character

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived