Fallout New Vegas first info

#21MindlessTeefPosted 1/4/2010 10:19:32 PM

Info was a hoax! Pitty... "It appears that this is indeed false, if indications from both Obsidian and Game Informer are anything to go by."

Above from NMA.

#22Humorguy_basicPosted 1/5/2010 3:32:20 AM
Taylorfest posted...
all i really want from the new fallout is some good combat, vats just got so boring after a while and shooting outside of vats wasn't very good

So what you want is a shooter then. There are more than enough shooter - leave us some RPG's! I say this because show me an RPG with 'better shooting' and i'll show you a game that has much much MUCH less roleplaying!

The original post sounded so good, it did occur to me it may have been a shooter fan making sure an RPG would appear 'not as good' as people thought it would be! On the other hand, mentioning the front cover tells me he trusted his source to repeat it. Because that's something you could be easily shot down on....
#23AOldDogPosted 1/5/2010 3:36:49 AM

to make yourselves an opinion in what to expect , look here:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/100/1002811p1.html

#24Urik_187Posted 1/5/2010 9:54:35 AM

i only hope for one thing.

that Obsidian catches the Dark Humor present in the first two games and the true sense of Role-Playing (NOT A SHOOTER WITH ROLE-PLAYING ELEMENTS OBSIDIAN!!!!)

#25MoganPosted 1/5/2010 11:48:48 AM

that Obsidian catches the Dark Humor present in the first two games

Well, they have more of the original Fallout team than any other studio (which isn't necessarily that many), so if anyone can ...
---
"I can't buy a pack of smokes without running into 9 guys you've ****ed!"
#26SzadouPosted 1/5/2010 2:00:32 PM
The original post sounded so good, it did occur to me it may have been a shooter fan making sure an RPG would appear 'not as good' as people thought it would be! On the other hand, mentioning the front cover tells me he trusted his source to repeat it. Because that's something you could be easily shot down on....

Pretty much all that was supposed to be in Van Buren. Josh Sawyer was the lead designer for Van Buren. Now guess who's the lead on New Vegas? ZOMG AMAYSING! ;)

It's pretty obvious a lot of that will make it into the game unless Bethesda forces Josh Sawyer to put more exploding cars instead.
---
God's angels have no grace...
#27LOXO7Posted 1/5/2010 6:12:23 PM

Awesome Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome raiders lol. Cool customize vehicles! That's something that GTA IV missed out on.

#28atm0073Posted 1/5/2010 6:58:08 PM
I don't feel so hot about the vehicles thing. But I don't know; I'll have to see how that works out.
#29MoganPosted 1/5/2010 7:08:37 PM

I don't feel so hot about the vehicles thing. But I don't know; I'll have to see how that works out.

Yeah, it seems like the world would have to be larger than it was in Fallout 3 for them to really be worth it. I mean, if you had a horse in Fallout 3 you've have been able to get from one end of map to the other in just a couple minutes.
I wonder if that means there'd be no fast travel. Anything to make the game less hand holdy would be good.
---
"I can't buy a pack of smokes without running into 9 guys you've ****ed!"
#30DuckWrathPosted 1/5/2010 7:32:05 PM

all i know is i wont be the chinese goul.

unless there are cool background stories i will be a lone wanderer. at least my first of many playthroughs.