Since they incorporated mods into the game

#1Former_SlackerPosted 7/1/2010 10:57:34 PM

I wonder if they upped the damage of weapons, as in FWE, so you could die in a couple seconds of submachinegun fire without power armor on. Also for that matter I wonder if they made power armor into actual power armor, something extremely rare that you might never run across and that actually makes you a walking tank.

#2KermadecPosted 7/2/2010 12:29:23 AM
Well, they've changed how damage reduction works. So Power Armor should be much more powerful now.
#3VagnarokPosted 7/2/2010 8:50:07 AM
In one of the interviews I saw a rep from Bethesda/obsidian said that they were making power armor much more powerful, but I'm not sure about the rarity.
It'd be cool if they altered the difficulty settings to match mods where you die more quickly instead of just giving everything else loads of hp. This would be especially cool with the heal over time aspect of hardcore mode.
---
You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
#4MoganPosted 7/4/2010 12:25:31 PM

In one of the interviews I saw a rep from Bethesda/obsidian said that they were making power armor much more powerful, but I'm not sure about the rarity.

I imagine, since the Brotherhood plays a smaller roll, the average Legion and Republic troops don't wear it, power armor will be harder to get a hold of in New Vegas. They could also put in some mechanic, like the training, that prevents you from grabbing the first set you see and using it.
---
"I can't buy a pack of smokes without running into 9 guys you've ****ed!"
#5Former_Slacker(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2010 4:34:12 PM

Mogan posted...

I imagine, since the Brotherhood plays a smaller roll, the average Legion and Republic troops don't wear it, power armor will be harder to get a hold of in New Vegas. They could also put in some mechanic, like the training, that prevents you from grabbing the first set you see and using it.
---

They should keep the training but make it make sense by either not allowing any other npc to wear power armor unless they also have training and then reducing the npcs who have training to just a brotherhood, and possibly allowing followers to wear power armor after the player learns how to wear it by having the player "teach" them how to wear it. They could also allow everyone to wear power armor but have heavy penalities without any training, possibly to the point where wearing it could be a disadvantage, sure you'll be able to shrug off bullets but what good will that do when you can't move or aim as accurately due to not knowing how to use power armor correctly.

#6MoganPosted 7/4/2010 10:16:37 PM
^ All good ideas.
What I really wish they'd do is turn the power armor into something that felt like a mini mech suit. You really lumber around, you have a heads up display that changes look and function depending on what kind of armor you're wearing, and you can use a whole variety of heavy weapons that you couldn't handle without the added ... power, as it were, of the armor.
---
#7ReivePosted 7/6/2010 8:52:53 AM
Also related to the PA and additional strength, the cap on SPECIAL should be able to go past 10 but only with perks and PA that is not "Intense Training," or through the creation of the character via the traits like gifted. I hated that a weapon or armor adding to a stat but it being one of my main stats that was capped, and not be benefited in some way.

So... character created with 9 strength, one perk to intense training making str =10, a perk that is gained via questing IE "Ant Might" =str 11 and PA with additional str +3 bonus = 14 str

I remember fallout being rewarding for stats that were heavy allocated on, but diminishing on many other parts of the game where the other stats came to play. I think it should apply in this way too.
---
"In a world of compromise....some don't"- H&K / "!" -MGS