Controller?

#1NOMPosted 10/20/2010 1:55:20 AM
Is anyone playing this with a controller? How is it? Does it work well?

I want to buy an Xbox 360 controller to use when I get NV because I grew up with controllers and that's what I feel comfortable with. Keyboard and mouse just doesn't do it for me, so please don't hate.

I am just asking a simple question so KB/M elitists please don't bite my head off.
---
I don't believe that a voice from above can help me
I only believe in what I can see and the things that I can achieve
#2hairyassapemanPosted 10/20/2010 1:56:20 AM
I'm using a Xbox 360 controller. Works great. Feels the same as playing on the 360.
---
HairyAssApeman
Former US NAVY
#3NOM(Topic Creator)Posted 10/20/2010 1:58:32 AM

From: hairyassapeman | Posted: 10/20/2010 4:56:20 AM | #002
I'm using a Xbox 360 controller. Works great. Feels the same as playing on the 360.

Awesome. Are you using a wired controller? Or a wireless w/ Gaming receiver?
---
#4drixyePosted 10/20/2010 2:12:52 AM
i'm using a wired xbox360 controller, it works ok, but with aiming, aw, si a little on the hard side, but of course you can hit RB and select where to shoot the bastards. So is great if you find a trainer to have your points up so you can always choose where to shoot, that's why I opened a new thread here to ask for a trainer :D

The wireless thingy is too expensive for me, you have to buy the controller, you have to buy adaptor for pc, you have to buy recharger and buy rechargable batteries, I found a cheap wired xbox controller on internet, you should go for a wired one too, a little hard to find because they don't make the wired model anymore. But you'll find one for sure.
#5NOM(Topic Creator)Posted 10/20/2010 2:39:49 AM

i'm using a wired xbox360 controller, it works ok, but with aiming, aw, si a little on the hard side, but of course you can hit RB and select where to shoot the bastards. So is great if you find a trainer to have your points up so you can always choose where to shoot, that's why I opened a new thread here to ask for a trainer :D

The wireless thingy is too expensive for me, you have to buy the controller, you have to buy adaptor for pc, you have to buy recharger and buy rechargable batteries, I found a cheap wired xbox controller on internet, you should go for a wired one too, a little hard to find because they don't make the wired model anymore. But you'll find one for sure.

Excellent. That is what I am going to do then. I'm headed to ebay, baby! :P

Thanks for the help, guys! :)
---
#6NOM(Topic Creator)Posted 10/20/2010 2:48:42 AM
Bah, all I'm seeing on ebay are the knock off Hong Kong controllers... Does anyone have any experience with those?
---
#7rawmeat6Posted 10/20/2010 3:18:37 AM
I wouldn't go for a knock off myself, the wired controllers are pretty cheap. Iv'e got the wireless with reciever (which the reciever broke on me twice and you have to weld it yourself to make it work properly) so I would go for the wired one tbh.
#8phil1812Posted 10/20/2010 3:57:59 AM
So you have a PC, but game with an xbox controller. What's the point?
---
Muay Thai practitioner.
#9NightHunter283Posted 10/20/2010 4:00:34 AM

Best of both worlds. Easy controls (if you are used to them), and better graphics.
---
Intel Core i5 750 @ 2.67GHz | 4.00Gb RAM | ATI Radeon HD 5770 | Windows 7 Home Premium
#10NOM(Topic Creator)Posted 10/20/2010 4:20:46 AM

Bro, just don't. Stop it, okay?

Anyway, yeah I'm not going to buy one of those knock offs. I'll just spend a little extra for an official MS Controller.
---