Permanent skill book locations?

#1no_clipPosted 10/20/2010 4:45:45 PM
Not the magazines. Specifically I'm looking for the speech books since I'm unable to complete the Cass quest atm.
#2HoheiPosted 10/20/2010 4:54:44 PM
Lying, Congressional Style (Speech)

Books Tumbleweed Ranch - On an open locker shelf, in the upstairs room with the chessboard, inside the shack.
Cerulean Robotics - On the floor among the office desks, inside the building.
NCR Correctional Facility - In the administration building, on the desk to the darkened room opposite Eddie's room
Lucky Jim Mine - Inside the shack, on a metal shelf below the Varmint Rifle, right of the two empty fridges.
---
1/2 Voice of Reason, 1/2 Devil's Advocate, 1/2 Terrible at math.
#3no_clip(Topic Creator)Posted 10/20/2010 5:11:50 PM
Thanks, much.

Where approximately is Robotics, Lucky Jim Mine and Tumbleweed ranch?
#4whm6rjPosted 10/20/2010 8:50:10 PM
The Jerky Vendor book (Barter) was in Primm, inside the hotel with the roller coaster.
As for where... it was in one of the small rooms, though I can't remember which one exactly. I want to say it was on one of the top floors at the end of a semi-dark hallway, but it could have been the floor with the convict leader, too.
#5whm6rjPosted 10/20/2010 8:53:34 PM
Forgot one...
Chinese Special Ops (sneak) was inside one of the houses in Good Springs. I think it was the one just past Pete's house, but again, I'm not 100% sure. It's been a little while since I nabbed it. But I'm pretty sure it was just past Pete's house, I seem to recall seeing that old trailer just before going through the door.
#6Kuga_MaruPosted 10/21/2010 1:24:26 AM
Two in sloane. A nice little way to start the game, Dean Electronics in the miners sleeping quarters directly left as you enter the door and on one of the shelves. And then another that I forgot, I think it was, pugilism illustrated on the opposite well on a shelf by the lockers.
#7whm6rjPosted 10/21/2010 3:19:40 PM
Down south, as you pass the Highway Patrol Station, you'll find a boarded up mini mart.
Inside there was a book, but I can't for the life of me remember which one it was.

Oh, as for Sloan, it was Dean's Electronics (repair) and Duck and Cover (explosives).
#8VertaniusPosted 10/21/2010 3:24:01 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/959557-fallout-new-vegas/56815855 if anyone else is interested in all the books.