Play your own songs through the radio in game

#1her0_0f_ti3mPosted 10/23/2010 9:52:50 PM
Good News It works if you change the name of your song to the name of the song in the radio file. Here is what I did.

I went to the radio file on my computer

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\fallout new vegas\Data\Sound\songs\radionv

If youre not playing through steam it may be different for you. Next take a song you hear a lot on the radio. Or better yet load up your game, turn the radio on and save once a song starts playing and exit. Look up the name of the song that was playing.
In my test it was Jingle jangle jingle

Next copy the new song to your desktop so that you still have the original song, then rename that file to the name of the song you will be replacing. For my test I took Chelsea Dagger from the Fratellies (good song for those that havent heard it)

Then save a copy of the song you are replacing somewhere on your computer, or an external drive. I chose to copy the whole radio file so that I can go back and add more songs to it, but it is always a good Idea to back up ANY file you are modifying.

Then all you have to do is replace the o;d song with the new one.

Finally load up the game and If you replaced the song that was playing when you saved it will be the first thing you hear. Although if you want to add more songs to the list without changing the names, I dont know what to do. That may be a mod later on.
---
A helicopter driven by a velociraptor shooting machine guns and missiles with more baby velociraptors riding on the missiles with cowboy hats
GT Iher0 0f timeI
#2her0_0f_ti3m(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2010 10:06:36 PM
wow board is moving fast all of a sudden. this is already on the second page.
---
A helicopter driven by a velociraptor shooting machine guns and missiles with more baby velociraptors riding on the missiles with cowboy hats
GT Iher0 0f timeI
#3her0_0f_ti3m(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2010 10:39:29 PM
1 more bump before bed.
---
GT Iher0 0f timeI
#4her0_0f_ti3m(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2010 8:28:20 AM
Oh no thread dont die. You are helpful.
---
GT Iher0 0f timeI
#5P TenudoPosted 10/24/2010 2:11:53 PM
Thank yoooouuuu!
---
keitaro san: Cloud uses concrete to shape his hair
#6KneeOfJusticePosted 10/24/2010 2:13:25 PM
amazing! :D
---
I had a dream I walked into the kitchen and there was bologna on the table and it suddenly started to multiply until the room was full.NFreek
#7KneeOfJusticePosted 10/24/2010 2:14:18 PM
OMG A FRATELLIS FAN, TOO? I LOVE YOU.

what is your steam name??

Mon the Fratellis! :)
---
I had a dream I walked into the kitchen and there was bologna on the table and it suddenly started to multiply until the room was full.NFreek
#8NintendocrzdPosted 10/24/2010 2:31:01 PM
lol cool work-around, but it's pretty unnecessarily complicated. I'll just wait for a radio mod that simply adds more songs to the mix. Even if you replace songs you like with songs on the radio, it doesn't have a large selection to begin with, and your method doesn't fix that.
---
Quis frustrabunt ipsos balatres?
#9hoppy2107Posted 10/24/2010 4:40:26 PM
mod came out a couple days ago to add your own radio station

takes a little bit of setup time but it works perfectly

http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=34999
#10lionheart5656Posted 10/24/2010 4:41:54 PM
My favorite is the one that does the stranger with the iron on his hip who gets owned by the ranger with the iron on his hip.
---
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.